Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Goodbye

gandle
9 years ago

I'm posting this for him. He said, I can't read the posts, I can't respond to them. I'm now getting talking books at the library. It isn't fun anymore. So goodbye everyone

I just got him home from the regional hosrital after a week. We think they have the BP up where it should be but hisoutlook isn't very good..The most insane thing happened while he was there, believe me, it could only happen to him. More about that later.

L

Comments (16)

• shilty
    9 years ago

Oh Gandle- I am so sorry for all of us not to have your wonderful, interesting, topical, honest, uplifting commentary.

I understand, you got other fights to fight, so as you waft off into the ether, just remember how many many friends you have here.

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    9 years ago

I'm gonna hold my breath until you let us know what happened!

Jim

• lilosophie
    9 years ago

Oh Leone and George, I shall miss you so much, but I understand there are more important things to consider than "imaginary" cyber friends.
    If possible, check in every once in a while, we love you very much.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    9 years ago

((((Leone and George))))

• mawheel
    9 years ago

Leone, your post makes me so sad, but it's understandable that you and George have more important things to deal with, right now. Please know how much we love both of you and I will keep you in my prayers. As Lilo wrote, if ever possible, please just post a quick hello.

((((((George and Leone))))))

• anneliese_32
    9 years ago

George, I am so sorry about your difficulties. While I understand your goodby, I am sad and am going to miss you very, very much.
    Leone, please drop by once in a while and keep us up to date. We love both of you.
    ((((Hugs to both of you))))

• gmatx zone 6
    9 years ago

All the above posts echo my feelings so well. Leone, please tell George for me how very, very much I have enjoyed his posts over the time I have been on this forum. It has almost been as though I was sitting next to him listening to him talk. He is such a gifted person in making his experiences come to life when he writes about them. His visit back to his grandfather's shop was so wonderful to read. I'll never forget the wool swimming trunks, the bicycle, and the fish story!

While our acquaintance may be through the Internet only, it hurts as much as if you lived next door to us to know that his health is deteriorating and that it is too difficult for him to continue posting. I truly consider you and him to be part of my circle of friends.

Leone and George, always remember that you are loved so very much here on this forum by myself and others. Leone, please take care of yourself and keep in touch with us when you have time.

((((Big hugs to the both of you))))

Mary

• west_gardener
    9 years ago

I'll miss your posts, but I understand.
    Thank you for all the wonderful stories you painted with words.
    I wish both of you the best of all things.

• mjmercer
    9 years ago

I have no words to add...everyone has already said what I'm feeling. What I do have are some happy memories of a personal meeting with the one and only George a couple of years ago, and some priceless, one-of-a-kind stories which I shall treasure forever.

Many hugs and best wishes for all good things, to you both.

Karen

• kris_zone6
    9 years ago

I will keep you both in my thoughts. I have enjoyed the stories that were told so well. You are part of my internet family.

• gabriell_gw
    9 years ago

I understand you're not being able to post. I will miss you both. There are many of George's stories I will always remember. Love to you and from time to time do check in.

• janis_b
    9 years ago

George, I understand what is happening to you because my sweet Neil went through the same thing.
    There are many computer programs with voice activation capabilities. You dictate and it types what you say.
    I wish you could find something that works for you.

Jan

• coconut_nj
    9 years ago

George, I know it's selfish to wish for what you don't feel able to give. But, as Jan said there are options for voice programs. Meanwhile, I'll hope you once again will grace us with your very special presence, If not, I'll cherish all you've shared these many years.

I wish you, more than anything, find some ease.

Leone, you would be greatly missed. Please post as you can.

• west_gardener
    9 years ago

DH and I have just started on the journey of eye sight.
    I know it will be difficult, but it helps that others have shared their experience.

• Mrobbins
    9 years ago

I lurk here mostly these days, but something prompted me to check the forum today, and here I find this important message. The posts you and your husband have given to us are so wonderful -- you can be sure this community will treasure them and read them again and again. Thank you so much for all the news, color, personality, smarts, and history you've shared with us. I'll be holding the two of you in my thoughts and prayers.

• sweet_betsy No AL Z7
    9 years ago

Your posts have blessed us and enriched our lives and the Garden Party will not be the same without your contribution. Thank you for taking the time to share your memories with us. You will always have a place in our hearts. All the best to you.

Sponsored
More Discussions