Chorus of crows
Adding raucous vocals
To morning concert

Lilo Umpfenbach Ducommun
11/1/11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Poem

I just can hear it, lovely. All I listen to here is the steady background noise of the traffic and right now a train hooting. Envy you your valley.

o

Great word descriptions of the sounds we hear around our house.

o

Ah the avian percussion section! The woodpeckers love the old trees down in the grotto by the springhouse. Many are hollow of heartwood and resonate nicely and when the birds start hunting bugs or hollowing out holes for nests.......they always remind me of tom-tom messages. Cardinals and chipmunks will chime in with short bursts of clicks and wood thrush provide the background of Indian flutes in summer. Nightime is just as noisy, only a different melody and orchestra. With winter approaching, the crickets and frogs have given way to hooty owls and a donkey braying or cow lowing...the occasional coyote or dog howling and dried leaves rustling.

Nice poem, Lilo.

o

Your poem put a smile on my face - thanks!

o

The songs of the birds that are integrated into a symphony give a sound track to life.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here