Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Blossom

User
13 years ago

Blossom, was 17, developed a tumor on her chest and we let her go yesterday. She is the one we had to nurse a few years back with the saline bag hanging from the chandelier in the dinning room. We did not want to put her through the stress of so much medical stuff. I just hope when it is my time I get the same consideration if necessary.

{{gwi:201333}}

Comments (21)

• oscarthecat
    13 years ago

Goodbye Blossom. If you bump into our Little Missy tell her I said hello. Thanks Steve in Baltimore County.

• anneliese_32
    13 years ago

I am so sorry. Blossom, you will meet many of our friends and they will welcome you.
    Anneliese

• pamven
    13 years ago

Rest in peace little girl kitty.

• lilod
    13 years ago

So sorry, Don and Missy, you did the right thing and Blossom will be met by my Pride, too numerous to mention by name.

• mjmercer
    13 years ago

My sympathies, Don. I know how hard it is.

I lost my 18-yr-old kitty a couple of weeks ago. I know she will be happy to show Blossom around and make her comfortable in her new existence.

Karen

• Janis_G
    13 years ago

I am so sorry about Blossom.
    We have these wonderful spirits in our lives for too short a
    time before we have to say goodbye.
    Although it is hard to let go, we are the lucky ones
    to have had them share our love.

((((HUGS MISSY & DON))))))

• endorphinjunkie
    13 years ago

Sorry about that Don. One day I must see what being owned by a cat is like.

• petaloid
    13 years ago

I'm so sorry about Blossom -- I know too well what it's like to have to say goodbye.

My Jezebel has certainly greeted her by now, along with Bosco, Butch and the others -- they will have made her feel welcome in kitty heaven.

• west_gardener
    13 years ago

So sorry about Blossom.It hurts to lose a furry friend. My Pusekat and Socky will meet her there and show her around.

• mawheel
    13 years ago

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Blossom, but you made a wise choice--tough for you, but best for her. She must have given you much joy over the last 17 years.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. This seems to be a difficult year for us in a lot of ways. Princess did not come this morning at feeding time and she is usually the first one there. We found her hidden behind an old cabinet type sewing machine in the laundry room. She was a younger one only about 13 and had not let on that any thing was wrong. Getting a bit rough.

{{gwi:201335}}

• petaloid
    13 years ago

Beautiful photos of both kitties. I'm not sure that I understand -- is Princess ill too, or did she pass away?

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

She passed and we haven't a clue why. She seemed healthy but they can hide the fact that they are ailing too well.

• gabriell_gw
    13 years ago

It makes me so sad to hear you have lost Blossom. I have a tuxedo cat as well, her name is Pandora. I'm sending much sympathy to you and Missy.

• mjmercer
    13 years ago

Don, I don't know what to say about this loss. You certainly are being tested this holiday season. The kitty I just lost was also a tortie. I have an extra-soft spot in my heart for torties.

Soft, gentle hugs to you and your family.

Karen

• petaloid
    13 years ago

Oh, no -- so sorry about Princess, Don. We had a similar thing happen with a shy house cat named Ziggy. He seemed fine, but we didn't see him all day on 9/11/01. Didn't think much of it, because he often hid. We found him the next morning, curled up in a comfy corner, and think he died in his sleep.

I wish you nothing but sunshine from now on!

• west_gardener
    13 years ago

((((Hugs))).

• mawheel
    13 years ago

Don, I'm so sorry for your additional loss. Hugs to you and Missy with many hopes that only good things will happen in 2011.

• anneliese_32
    13 years ago

Don, I am so sorry. (((Hugs)))

• gandle
    13 years ago

Hurts to lose our furry friends. Sorry for your loss.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you my friends for your support and thoughtfulness. The other cats are showing their confusion and upset so we are giving them hugs and pets more than usual.

Sponsored
More Discussions