Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 12 - 16

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 0:42

No one can confidently say that he will still be living tomorrow.
Euripides

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.
Edvard Munch

Men fear death as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased by tales, so is the other.
Francis Bacon

Love and death are the two great hinges on which all human sympathies turn.
B. R. Hayden

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them.
Lois McMaster Bujold

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 12 - 16

Thanks, Don. I have been trying to find the right quotes in light of the tragedy. You did.

o

Thank you, Don - good quotes for a dark, gloomy day. You always find just the ones I need.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 16, 12 at 16:06

Thanks, Don. More thoughts to make one stop and think. My Pastor is doing an Advent/Christmas series of sermons on "Gifts". The one this morning was about "The Gift of Time". We take it for granted, but shouldn't, as one never knows which breath could be the last.

The feelings of the parents in the CT tragedy are unimaginable. One can only hope they have faith to sustain them--and even that may not be enough for awhile.

o

Thanks for the quotes, Don. They hit the spot.
You quoted "Edvard Munch", and at this time I feel that I understand what he was saying in his painting.

Here is a link that might be useful: The scream

o

Thank you.

o

Thanks you very much for the share. I like your quote posts, thanks again!

Here is a link that might be useful: how to workout

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here