Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 12 - 13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 0:46

"Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights. But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge. You would know in words that which you have always known in thought. You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams."
Kahlil Gibran

"Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance."
Kahlil Gibran

"I have floated in the universe of the infinite and flown in the upper air of the imaginary world. There I was close to the circle with its divine light; here, I am in the prison of matter."
Kahlil Gibran

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 12 - 13

Lots to think over today. Thanks.

o

I love Kahlil Gibran, His philosophy is poetry - enjoying to read and very deep to think about

o

"I am in the prison of matter." I can identify with that part. Sometimes I think I'm in the prison of "stuff", so while taking care of my stuff, I forget to let my mind fly free.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 21:40

When my children were in their teens and we were all having some rough times, this quote from Kahlil Gibran helped to save my sanity. I couldn't quote it in its entirety without looking it up, but the first sentence has always stayed with me.

"Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself. They came through you, but not from you and though they are with you, they belong not to you."
Kahlil Gibran

Wise words for any parent to keep in mind.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here