Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 12 - 15

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 0:47

Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it. ~Buddha

The line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between political parties either - but right through every human heart. ~Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 12 - 15

Don, you outdid yourself today. Thanks for a week which gave me lots to think over.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 7:38

Don, thank you for another week of thoughtful--and thought-provoking quotes.

I have a question that probably has no answer: why is it that after centuries of such wisdom being passed down to us, human beings haven't learned from it?

o

Thanks for good things this week.

o

Provocative, interesting, excellent quotes all week, thank you, Don!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here