Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 12-23-13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 23, 13 at 1:16

A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.
Aesop

Never order food in excess of your body weight.
Erma Bombeck

Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
Sai Baba

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 12-23-13

Aesop must have been through a Christmas meal or two himself. He describes just how I will feel after the big day is over Wednesday.

o

The last quote is so applicable now, with all the Frankenfood around, thank you, Don

o

Timely quotes, especially since so much emphasis is put on food during the holiday season.
I'm having a small family gathering for Christmas Eve and I have put in enough food to feed an army.
Thanks to your quotes, next year I may do the simple thing, meet on the dock of the bay, with some SF Sourdough bread, cracked crab and fresh CA oranges for dessert.
Thanks Don and Aesop .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here