Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 12 - 8 - 11

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 8, 11 at 2:10

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
Abraham Lincoln

If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships - the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world at peace.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.
John Lennon

This day in history

Lincoln issues Proclamation of Amnesty and Reconstruction, 1863

The United States declares war on Japan, 1941

John Lennon is assassinated in New York City, 1980

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 12 - 8 - 11

"If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships."

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Pardon me, Mr. President, what is up with the "science" of human relationships?
Oh well, I was looking into what I wanted to post as my quote for Sunday. But I'll post it now. Oh, I know it is a simple formula, but it works.

" Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."

Unknown

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here