Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote for Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 1, 10 at 6:07

How beautiful, how buoyant, and glad is morning.

--L.E. Landon, British Poet and Novelist, 1802-1838

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote for Wednesday, December 01, 2010

You are the optomist today, I think I crawl back in my bed. As many days like this I had, today is not one of them.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 1, 10 at 10:21

I started well: cats fed, first cup of coffee, aches and pains minor, stove fired up...so far, so good!

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 1, 10 at 14:31

Anneliese, I confess that after posting the quote, I went back to bed for an hour.

My DH rises extremely early, every day, and although I don't get up when he does, I often feel as if I've been short-changed in the sleep dept. (Just knowing he's awake and about at that hour--four a.m.--is enough to make me tired!) By six, he's had coffee, eaten breakfast, and read the newspaper, so wants to get dressed. When he's done, I'll climb back into bed for 30 minutes or so, usually our cat Maggie comes with me!

o

I luv the word "buoyant".It seems to describe a happy feeling. Some mornings I'm buoyant and other mornings it takes some time and work to feel buoyant.

o

Most days I am an absolute morning person and I can count the days I went back to bed. Yesterday I opened the front door after having been up for 5 minutes to let the cat out and get the paper and was greeted by driving sleet right in my face, even the cat backed in again. I got the paper but my morning ramble went back in with me and waited until 4 hours later. I never made it back to bed.

o

Yes, with the exception of cold, grey, winter Mondays, my least favorite morning of the week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here