Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
15 December 2010

Posted by endorphinjunkie z7bAlabama (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 15, 10 at 7:15

People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happy and contented; but a full stomach does the business quite as well, and is cheaper, and more easily obtained.

Jerome K. Jerome

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 15 December 2010

I love this quote.what a great sense of humor he has and he is right,unless of course murder or something as serious is on one's conscience. Christmas cookies easily make up for the guilt I'm feeling for this year sending cards out only to those I never see or with whom I communicate daily.

o

It worked for me. Baked cookies to send to somebody, then ate them myself because they would break in the mail, since they were very fragil. Send son the recipe instead.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 15, 10 at 9:57

Guilt is such a wasted emotion. I hate the expression "guilty pleasures" - why does one feel bad about something one enjoys? Feel bad? don't do the thing, feel good about it? then it's ok for you. I will admit to some minor vices, but I don't beat myself up about them.

o

This may be true, but if my stomach is full b/c I've eaten too much of whatever I shouldn't have, i.e., ice cream, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, corn chips--the list is longer, but I'll stop there--I feel neither happy nor contented. :>(

(Fortunately for my conscience, I truly don't overindulge very often.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here