Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes, 12/4/13

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 4, 13 at 7:23

Adaptability is not an imitation. It means power of resistance and assimilation.
Mahatma Ghandi

A well adjusted person is one who makes the same mistake twice without getting nervous.
Jane Heart

Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.
Camille Pisarro.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes, 12/4/13

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 4, 13 at 7:50

All good quotes, Anneliese, as usual!

#1 is so true; change is inevitable, no matter how much we may not like it. So, we may as well adapt and make the best of it. As for #2, I'm evidently not 'well adjusted', b/c I often make the same mistake more than twice--and I get VERY nervous!

I'm off for a dexa scan in a few minutes; next week is a colonoscopy; what a way to end the year!

o

Good ones - #1 reminds me of the "survival of the (fittest), no the most adaptable

o

The Jane Heart quote itself makes me nervous. I'd ask "where is her head"?
And if I made the same mistake more than twice, I ask, where is my head ? Then I go about fixing the problem.

o

mwheel , I hope all the results are good, so you can start the new year in a good way. My thoughts are with you.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 5, 13 at 11:25

Wg, thanks for your kind words, the dexascan reaults were great! My doctor was impressed; all those years of eating Tums for their calcium content, but mostly working out and using weights, has paid offf.

The bummer about the colonoscopy is the prep, which really isn't that bad. It's just all those bathroom trips in the night, but I'll survive. Who knows? I may even lose a pound.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here