Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should this tell me something?

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 7:30

My cat Midnight will not eat any canned cat food, She might eat a bite, but that is it. She is supposed to eat something meaty besides her kibbles, so after chicken thighs failed (too much fat) i fed her turkey cutlets, about 2 Tbs a day or chicken breast. Yeah, I know she is spoiled. I cook them for her. What get's me she will eat the meat from 1 national brand but not from another. I would not be able to tell from which brand my chicken comes without seeing the label, the cat never misses.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should this tell me something?

My cat won't eat canned cat food or chicken I cook and mince for her. She will eat a little black forest ham from the deli. Also will eat yogurt when I feed it to her on a spoon. I love her and I do feed her with a spoon. I wouldn't want my adult children to know this.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 18:46

Our Maggie has never eaten canned cat food; we were concerned about her not getting enough moisture from only the dry food, so the vet suggested we give her--less than a tablespoon--of minced chicken mixed with a little oil. She loves it!--but only if we use canola oil. Gabriel, I put her dry food in the palm of my hand with a little water on it--for more moisture--and that's how she likes to eat!

DH and I don't say Maggie is spoiled, she just knows who's the boss in our house! (And it isn't he or I!)

o

They have us worshiping at the cat food isle, best place to meet new friends. Good conversation starter. Had an older cat (17) that was having problems and fed her rice with broth and chopped chicken breast, she loved it. The ready to eat chickens at Costco are cheap and quite large. We tried medicines too but it was just her time.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 22, 13 at 13:13

Don, how nice to 'see' you! Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

o

It should tell you that you love that sweet member of your family, who cares enough to stick around as long as they can. Maybe you should only eat what they pick out. They'd want it for you too! Smart babies. I'd have fed Keegan kitty anything he wanted, if only I coulda read his mind. 18 is long enough, I guess. He lived a happy life and that matters too. My Maggie Moo will eat anything as long as it doesn't eat her first. She lived on the streets for awhile and is less than discriminating. Sometimes, she'll beg and beg for whatever I have, finally, I'll give in and "show" her she doesn't want it, but then she'll eat it! I figure once she sniffs fruitcake she'll quit, but nope, she ate it! Glad it was only a morsel. Can't be good for kitties.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here