Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anneliese_32

Best Wishes Gandle

anneliese_32
11 years ago

I am thinking of you and wish you a successful surgery and good recovery. Do take the pain medication so that you heal faster and that we can dance that polka.

Comments (16)

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

Joining Anneliese, May the surgery go well, and please do as the Doctor, Leone and everyone else says - take the meds!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

Speedy recovery! Dance a jig when you can. Healing thoughts coming your way.

• pkramer60
    11 years ago

Sending healing wishes to you!

• don_socal
    11 years ago

Go in tomorrow for cortezone and or hyalgon shots in both knees, my shoulder and wrist so I am right there with you. Soon they will be doing both of my knees then we can be bionic guys and dance the night away. Have a good procedure and a better recovery, do as the doctor directs and ask about the alternative pain meds.

• gmatx zone 6
    11 years ago

Joining in with best wishes on your surgery and recovery.

Speaking as a retired RN, please follow your doctor's orders for taking pain medication. Your body needs the relief from the pain so it's energy can be focused on healing the cellular structures/tissues instead of having to fight the pain. Also, when you are hurting, it is a normal response to "give" to the side or site of pain which in turn (in your case) can have a negative affect on your hip on the side of your surgery and place unneeded stress on your spine. The control of pain is necessary for both the acute recovery phase and your physical therapy time.

You can always ask them to monitor your response to the pain medication so as to be able to take the minimum amount needed to control your pain at the appropriate level. However, do not let your pain get ahead of you. It is much easier to keep the pain properly managed when you take the medication at regular intervals. That method usually allows you to decrease the medication quicker because the body is healing instead of fighting the pain. It's all really a complete circle........ When DH had his knee replaced, he tried to hold off on pain medication at first. I had to convince him that he wasn't being "smart", so he decided that he would take the meds as ordered. Three weeks later he climbed into his pickup, drove nearly a thousand miles and spent 2 weeks on a project in Indiana.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Yes, best wishes, George. I hope all goes well.

• gandle
    11 years ago

Thanks all, tomorrow I'll be enjoying hospital food. Hmmm, somehow those words really don't go together well. I hate and despise opiates, I hallucinate and see things that I would rather not be seeing. If there is any other way to moderate some pain I will request it. When my shoulder was replaced they practiclly had to tie me in bed until the opiate wore off. I was fighting things that don't exist. They switched me to something else that did tone the paind down a bit but I AM not going through that hallucinatory bit again.

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Don't know what time your surgery is set for, but I'll be thinking about you and hoping for the best.

• agnespuffin
    11 years ago

Gandle, your surgeon and the hospital should be aware that you had such a bad time before.

Certain things do sometimes cause a problem. The solution is usually to change the type or dosage. This is one time where one size does NOT fit everyone.

I know that you have what it takes to get though this in the best possible way. We will be thinking about you.

• gabriell_gw
    11 years ago

I'll be thinking of you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

• mjmercer
    11 years ago

Has anybody heard anything?

Karen

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Yes, I would like to know how George is doing.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

Anything yet?

• gabriell_gw
    11 years ago

I'd like to know as well.

• agnespuffin
    11 years ago

I wonder if the surgery was postponed because of the death in the family. It was his DIL's father.

I really hope that all is well with him and the family.

• Janis_G
    11 years ago

George, thinking of you and wishing you a speedy and opiate
    free recovery.

Sponsored
King Construction Company LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Loudoun County, VA Custom Builder for Equestrian Facilities
More Discussions