Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anneliese_32

Merry Christmas

anneliese_32
12 years ago

Have a great day and enjoy the company of your family and friends.

Still a few minutes of quietness here, the gift giving was last night, as a good Kraut we celebrate Christmas Eve here, this way there is no problem which side of the family is the one to have the honors on Christmas Day and they don't have to travel.

Unexpectedly our oldest son and family arrived on Thursday and we have a full house anyway.

Comments (9)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    12 years ago

Merry Christmas to you and to everyone else here!

• lilosophie
    12 years ago

Merry Christmas all. I do Christmas eve also, being a good Kraut - but we celebrate with a Swiss Fondue before opening the gifts. Our party consisted of Joann and me, three dogs and four cats, a good time was had by all

• anneliese_32
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It's shrimp here because the vegetarians eat them too and Midnight hides out when we have visitors. Donald leaves his 3 labs at home, they are too rumbunctious to go anywhere, their tails are a lethal weapon for anything which is not nailed down.

• gmatx zone 6
    12 years ago

Merry Christmas to all! May you also have a very blessed and happy New Year...early I know but I won't be home to be on the computer until late the 2nd.

Youngest son invited all his wife's immediate family (9 people) from California out here for her Christmas surprise - and, we all managed to keep the secret. They came in one family at a time until all had arrived (Wed., Thur., and last evening). Other son's wife almost slipped with something she said, but Charlene didn't figure it out. Then, we got up this morning to a white Christmas and when we got out of church about noon, it had started snowing again - fairly heavy at this time. Don't believe we will yank the 5th wheel down the road tomorrow as we had planned. Will probably wait until Tuesday to leave.

Everyone be safe, keep warm, enjoy the special food treats of the season and hug your loved ones.

• Janis_G
    12 years ago

Merry, Merry Christmas to all and a very Happy New Year!

We had our Christmas with the kids last night.
    The books I tracked down and bought for Neil's children was a HUGE success. I still haven't found Rhyme and Humor
    but perhaps one day soon, I will.
    They think it's so great to have one of their great grandfather's books.

Neil and I just got home from my sister's house. My siblings and I always get together for Christmas. We all cook something and take it for the dinner, then open presents. There was so much food there today.

Turkey,Dressing, gravy
    Ham
    Fried Okra
    Corn
    Hash Brown casserole
    Sweet Potato casserole
    Broccoli casserole
    Squash casserole
    Green Beans
    Corn Bread salad
    Broccoli salad
    Cole Slaw
    Strawberry Nut salad
    Cranberry Orange Nut salad
    Red Velvet cake
    Banana Pudding
    Raspberry Lemonade pie
    Peach Cobbler
    Sour Cream Pound cake
    Cheese Biscuits

I know I left some things out but you can see that no one
    left the table hungry.

• lindie_mi
    12 years ago

The day is nearly over, but a "Merry Christmas" from me, too. Our little family of six gathered on Christmas Eve, as always - we're also German in origin. :-) First I ever heard about that; perhaps it explains why my family has always chosen that time.

• don_socal
    12 years ago

Merry Christmas to all.

• mawheel
    12 years ago

This is the first chance I've had to get on line, today, but I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas. My family and I surely did; we ate too much, laughed a lot, and enjoyed being together. It doesn't happen too often, anymore. Next time will be Easter, I suppose. (See how easily I've managed to make four or five months' disappear?)

• gandle
    12 years ago

Got home too late to post last night but hope everyone had a wonderful time.

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions
More Discussions