Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mwoods_gw

ok it can start now

mwoods
17 years ago

It's December so now I can start thinking about Christmas. I'm taking a couple of cakes to the library and then working at our annual bake and craft sale later on today. Here's a quick recipe for a wonderful double chocolate bundt cake.Quick and easy is good sometimes ,so if you have any quick and easy tips as far as recipes,decorations,shopping,numbing drinks,gift wrapping...anything to do with the holidays,please share.

Double Chocolate Bundt Cake

1 box devils food cake mix

1 large package instant chocolate pudding( 3.9 oz)

1 cup sour cream

1 cup vegetable oil 4 beaten eggs

1/2 cup warm water

Throw all these together and mix by hand until well blended

Add 1 12 oz package chocolate chips

stir together,put into greased bundt pan and bake at 350 for 55 minutes. I find I have to bake about 10 minutes longer than that.

Comments (9)

• User
    17 years ago

123 Cake

1 box cake mix
    1 can pie filling
    1 egg

Combine all ingredients and mix well (by hand).

Grease and flour bundt pan (or use cooking spray) and bake about 50 minutes at 350 degrees.

When cake is cool, dust with powdered sugar.

Easy as 123 ...

**try chocolate cake mix with cherries, spice cake mix with apple.

• andie_rathbone
    17 years ago

Great recipe Marda, I printed it out. And BTW, don't get conned by teh ads for those so-called non-stick silicon Bundt pans. They don't work & all you'll do is get to practice swearing as you dig the cake out of the pan.

Here's an easy one that's a favorite around these parts.

Sweet & Spicy Pecans

1/4C sugar
    1 C warm water
    1C pecan halves
    2 tsp. sugar
    1T chili powder
    1/4 tsp. ground red pepper

Stir together 1/4C sugar and warm water until sugar dissolves. Add pecans and soak 10 minutes. Drain, discarding syrup.

Combine 2 tsp sugar, chili powder & red pepper. Add pecans, tossing to coat. Place pecans on a lightly greased baking sheet.

Bake at 350-degrees or until golden brown, stirring once.

• agnespuffin
    17 years ago

Triple Chocolate Cake

2 cups of milk to prepare 1 pkg (3 3/4 oz, and NOT instant) chocolate fudge pudding mix.
    1 pkg Chocolate fudge cake mix
    1 pkg 12 oz chocolate chips

Cook pudding mix and milk over medium hear until it begins to bubble. Add the cake mix and stir until smooth. Yeah, that's right. Dump the cake mix into the hot pudding.

Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 baking pan (I use a 9" square, it makes a thicker cake)

Pour chocolate chips on top
    Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

If you want to get fancy....add chopped pecans on top with the chocolate chips.

• calliope
    17 years ago

OMG, for a chocoholic you guys are torturing me. I may need to go buy insulin just from reading this. I can see Marda how moist that cake must be. Andie, I'm laughing at the cake pan advise. Dug enough cakes out of pans over the years to know that feeling well. I felt decadent and wasteful buying spray-on cooking oil, because a piece of paper and a can of shortening seemed adequate, but now I keep the spray handy to give my pans a liberal shot of it, and a heavy dusting of flour. I have old tin pans older than me, and they release just fine every time now.

• husky004_
    17 years ago

One Elegant glass
    Ice
    A few ounces or more of good Vodka/Gin you name your poison
    Whisper the word Vermouth
    Shaken not stirred
    Sip and Enjoy the Holidays!

• Josh
    17 years ago

Husky, I like the simplicity of your recipe (and the taste and effect too). I read all these recipes but usually prefer a handful of English walnuts and a pear. If I get really ambitious, I'll zap some popcorn and slice an apple and some sharp cheddar.

One side effect is that friends who do bake enjoy feeling virtuous and sharing their goodies (I think they feel sorry for DH)...LOL josh

• Janis_G
    17 years ago

What would Christmas be without a Coconut cake.
    I always take the easy way out and here it is.

Quick Coconut Cake

1 18 1/1 ounce box of Duncan Hines
    Golden Butter cake mix
    2 cups sugar
    2 cups sour cream
    2 9 ounce packages frozen coconut (thawed)
    1 1/2 cups Cool Whip (thawed)

Bake cake as directed using 2 layer pans.
    Split each layer in half.
    Combine sugar, sour cream, coconut. Chill.
    Reserve 1 cup of sour cream mixture for the frosting.
    Spread remainder between layers of cake.
    Combine reserved sour cream mixture with Cool Whip, blend til smooth.
    Spread on top and sides of cake.
    Store in air tight container in refrierator for 3 days.

This cake is worth the wait and will be so moist and good
    you'll never make a from scratch coconut cake again.

• andie_rathbone
    17 years ago

Husky, I love your Christmas spirit! The only thing I'd add is to be sure you use Bombay Sapphire gin.

• jazmynsmom
    17 years ago

All your recipes sound awesome!

Steve made these cookies today. He found the recipe in the American Way in-flight magazine.

Chocolate Mint Marvels

3/4 cup butter
    1 1/2 cups brown sugar
    2 cups chocolate chips
    2 eggs
    2 1/2 cups flour
    1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
    3 or 4 packages Andes Mints

Melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate chips and stir to melt; put mixture into a bowl and let it cool.

Add eggs, and then mix in flour and baking soda. Chill dough for one hour. Pre-heat oven to 350*F.

Roll into balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for nine minutes. Remove cookies from oven and place an (unwrapped) Andes Mint on each one. As the candy melts, spread across the top of cookie with a butter knife. Makes 3 dozen.

My notes:
    3-4 boxes of Andes mints are too many. I bought two boxes and we had lots of leftovers, even after we ate some.

The green mints with the chocolate insides make prettier swirls than the chocolate ones with the green insides.

The cookies are prettier when you use the knife to make little circular swirls in the chocolate (like I did) than when you use the knife to smear the chocolate like a chunk of butter (like Steve did).

Sponsored
Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living in Columbus, OH
More Discussions