Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fractals

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 15, 10 at 8:41

Do you have a cure for me? I like fractal designs. Last evening PBS had a program on Nova about fractals which explained a couple of things to my mathematical challenged mind. When I went to sleep I was trying to make sense of the sequences and now I don't know if I dreamed all night about it or was half awake thinking about it. All I know I am dead tired and things are going around my brain like a dog catching his tail.
I think I put on some Christmas music and get rid of the flame fractal wallpaper on my computer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fractals

Mathematics is designed to make one crazy. Those of us who have gleefully embraced it are really, well, yes, Mad Hatters, not that it matters, but it will leave one's mind in tatters.....

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 15, 10 at 9:51

Anneliese, I don't understand the math behind fractal designs, but I too am fascinated by them. I have a couple of video-tapes, fractal imagaes set to music, and as a relaxer, I love to put them on.

o

I'm fascinated with fractals. I don't know how to do the math to created one, but I like to work the fractal generators to create different shapes. The one below is good, because I'm able to download the shapes I've created.
anneliese_, I understand the frustration while tweaking the brain cells. But that's a good thing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fractal Generator w/downloadI'm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here