Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote for Friday, December 03, 2010

Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 3, 10 at 8:59

"One person's mess is merely another person's filing system." --Margo Kaufman, Humorist and Writer, 1954-2000

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote for Friday, December 03, 2010

Yup and since I cleaned up my desk I can't find anything.

o

I think I am at the stage of messing it up again - it looks so nice "clean" but more cozy when it's messy

o

I have a strict filing system for my "important" stuff, like taxes, bill paying, etc.. Everything is accounted for month to month and year by year. It takes me about 30 minutes at the end of each year to collect my files and prepare for the next year. It gives me peace of mind.
Now, when it comes to my other "important" stuff, like my personal interests, I wing it. That also gives me freedom and peace of mind.

o

Oh goody - another split personality in the neatnik category :)

My kitchen and sewing area are extremely organized (that's a quote from a friend, I don't know the difference between extreme and normal organization), the storage pantry shelves tend to be, ah, irregular; and now that I'm in the process of casting out not-so-desirables, the books are hither and yon but I really DO know which is where. In other words, they're a mess that only I understand.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 4, 10 at 23:30

When I broke my femur, seems ages ago, and my dear family came to help, they couldn't understand my system, so they used theirs and even now, after all this time, there are things I can't find, some may be lost forever. Some methods they thought were weird or quirky really make sense to me, and some changes they instituted just plain don't work and had to be changed back once I was able to run my own household again.
That is why time/motion studies never work, everyone has their own way of setting things up to suit them.

o

I represent that remark! Another split personality here, somewhat. In the pantry my cans have to be all in their proper rows and correct things on the right shelf, for most of the shelves. Smiles. Spice cabinet, same thing. Sweet related on one shelf, savory on another, odd ball stuff on third. Then there is what Christy calls my 'pit'. Stuff I pile up next to my chair so I can grab it when I'm not walking well. I know what's there and where.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here