Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

I want to paint my bedroom these colors!

rob333 (zone 7b)
9 years ago

This may not be the best photo, but every time I look at it, I relax. I don't even know which of the colors I'd pick, but it's my inspiration. It's my favorite photo I took from my vacation this past summer in the Virgin Islands. What a serene place.

Comments (11)

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    9 years ago

Be creative...sand on one wall, light aqua on another, darker aqua a third wall and white representing the breaking waves. Then, you get one of those white noise machines and have the sound of gently breaking surf. Have a humidifier bring the 80 degree temps (using UV lamps) up to about 60 percent and then you will have created the picture.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sounds freakin' awesome!

• mawheel
    9 years ago

Robb, the picture is lovely and will be a great inspiration for you to choose paint colors. Any, or all of them--as Jim suggested-- would make a serene, comforting, and restful bedroom, a real retreat!

• west_gardener
    9 years ago

Great photo and beautiful colors. Mother nature sure knows her colors.
    My DH chose the colors for our master bedroom and dressing room
    He is not as brave as Jim, but he went with part of the colors in your photo because as he said, he found them relaxing.
    Your sky color on the walls and white on the ceiling and trim. We have wood floors and picked up the sand and ocean color in our bed spread and pillows.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

West,

That sounds like heaven on earth. Sure would love to see it.

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

Try "Chip it" to get a palette based on those colors

http://letschipit.com

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    9 years ago

Several colors of the Pacific Ocean near an atoll.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The more I look at it (it's my desktop), it's the dark grey/green rock the absolute most, then the lighter aqua, and splashed with white that is appealing to me. Sounds like a palette to me! Course, I'd have to own my home before I could paint. I can still do the colors with bedding/accessories.

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    9 years ago

Paint it anyway. How is the landlord going to know you did this? On the last day of your lease? Too late then. They cannot toss you out if you are already leaving!!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I wouldn't do that, as I wouldn't want someone to do that to me. 'sides, I'm not leaving any time soon. They live in the upper floors, while I live in the bottom floor, so are likely to see it too. I'm not sure I'll ever own again.

I poured and poured money into my last two houses. One was highly profitable after fixing it up/selling it, and one was a total loss of a lot of money. We just finished remodeling it, when it was flooded in the great flood of Nashville, 2010. Literally, finished it. I was getting it ready to put on the market that Monday. I had bags of mulch to put out for picture taking on Saturday night, and it flooded on Sunday. Gone. I have a cousin who lost their entire home, only two walls stilll standing, after the tornado took it out. I don't have to pay taxes, or do yard work. Or any upkeep on appliances and fixtures. Homeowning isn't the be all, and all. I might. I would if I could own it outright, all at one time. You know, I won the lottery. I either pay money that goes down the drain (potentially. I've already done that once). Or I pay less money that goes down the drain, AND lose grass cutting, upkeep, etc. Don't mind renting one little bit at all.

• west_gardener
    9 years ago

rob, I remember the photos you posted of your rehab house. You did a super job. Sorry it did not work out well for you.
    But if you are getting the decorating "bug", you may want to try the cyber decorating site below.

Here is a link that might be useful: [houzz[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/home-design-ideas-phbr0-bp~)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions