Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

Today's wonderment!

agnespuffin
12 years ago

Do you ever wonder "what were they thinking???"

Went to a wedding yesterday and I am sure that question was foremost in most minds.

The wedding was planned some time ago and it was to be the wedding of HER dreams.

An Outdoor Sunset Time wedding. OK....lets see what happened.

Outdoors......in December. Temps were in the mid 50s.

Late Afternoon. Time of wedding, 5:30pm. Sunset was 5:19. Got the picture? yeah, lucky there was one overhead light. (Was the wedding planner also an idiot?)

About 3 or 4 staff taking pictures....in the dark, no flash cameras. (Do modern cameras need extra light?)

Bridemaids in skimpy little dresses that barely covered both boobs and butts. The poor girls (7) kept warm by either tugging the tops up or the hems down.

Nice view over the river and marshes....or it would have been on a summer afternoon. (it's dark, now) Nice breeze (remember..it's December) I was one of the few lucky people that had sense enough to bring a coat. It faced North, so that sunset wouldn't have been seen anyway.

Same time as a nearby Christmas parade and festival. Parking was at a premium. (Thanks for our handicapped parking sticker.)

Downtown traffic noise was soooooo much that you couldn't hear music, or minster.

The outdoor patio was loaded with those outdoor firepits so that guests could huddle around and stay warm, but the smoke was too much for me. We went inside. There was some kind of VERY sweet smelling flower that ended it for me. We had to leave. Don't know what the dinner was...

If she got the wedding of her dreams, then she must have a lot of nightmares. I felt sorry for her. I am sure that we were not the only ones that left before the reception.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions