Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's Raining!!!!

Posted by gmatx z6 TX Panhandle (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 19, 11 at 10:04

We are actually getting rain this morning - thank you Lord. Rain had been predicted, or maybe I should say we had been given a high probability percentage of that happening, and it really did. The rain is supposed to turn to snow with steady north wind of 30 mph and gusts up to 45 mps, so there will be whiteouts and drifting. But, it will be WET. Blizzard warnings for entire Texas Panhandle through tomorrow, and only 2 days this coming week above freezing. Hopefully, people will be careful in their travels and other excursions.

Can you tell I'm excited?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's Raining!!!!

Rain in the Texas Panhandle is always good news. Steve in Baltimore County.

o

Rain, yes,yes, worth cheering if one hasn't seen much of it. But that bit about the windy snow didn't sound good. Take care and enjoy the precipitation from indoors :)

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 19, 11 at 18:14

Glad you've gotten some rain, but the weather forecast for the whole southwest region doesn't sound good--blizzard conditions all over the place. I agree with Meldy: enjoy the precipitation from indoors. Maybe bake some cookies to eat while you're watching it snow? :>)

o

It's my so-called rainy season and last year we were 110% of normal and this year, a bit of rain early November and not a drop since. Very cold nights, very low humidity, bright sunshine, but not really all that warm. No rain in sight.
The ski resorts in the Sierras are dying, no snow and it's the most busy time if there is snow, they have some machine made, but that's not doing it and expensive to maintain.
No one says the "D" word yet, but all that blue sky and sunshine, welcome in late February and Match, is getting everyone nervous.

o

Merry Christmas! Great present. (wink, wink)

o

It's been raining continually in S.E. Ohio. I'm not complaining, because it is coming down in drops, intead of flakes. But it did impact the harvests last fall. You'll see that reflected in your food costs. My garden never went in last year until nearly summer, then the varmits got it........got it all for the most part.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here