Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What happened 1961-2011

Posted by minnie_tx (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 31, 11 at 12:42

This should be sent only to those whose level of maturity qualifies them to relate to it...
1961 : Long hair
2011 : Longing for hair
1961 : KEG
2011 : EKG
1961 : Acid rock
2011 : Acid reflux
1961 : Moving to California because it's cool
2011 : Moving to Arizona because it's warm
1961 : Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor
2011 : Trying NOT to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor
1961 : Seeds and stems
2011 : Roughage

1961 : Hoping for a BMW
2011 : Hoping for a BM
1964 : Going to a new, hip joint
2011 : Receiving a new hip joint
1961 : Rolling Stones
2011 : Kidney Stones
1961 : Screw the system
2011 : Upgrade the system
1961 : Disco
2011 : Costco
1961 : Parents begging you to get your hair cut
2011 : Children begging you to get their heads shaved
1961 : Passing the drivers' test
2011 : Passing the vision test
1961 : Whatever
2011 : Depends
Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly change things. Each year the staff at Beloit College in Wisconsin puts together a list to try to give the faculty a sense of the mindset of this year's incoming freshmen. Here's this year's list:
The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1993.
They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.

Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.
The CD was introduced 2 year s before they were born.
They have always had an answering machine..
They have always had cable.
They cannot fathom not having a remote control..
Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.

Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.
They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.

They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.
They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de plane, Boss, de plane.."
They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.
Mc Donald's never came in Styrofoam containers.
They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.
Do you feel old yet?
So have a nice day!!!!! It is good to have friends who know about these things and are still alive and kicking!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What happened 1961-2011

Live it up folks! We only have less than 10 hours left in this old beat up year.

Let's make 2012 one to remember for generations!

I'm very glad that I got my boys raised a long time ago. I don't think I could handle today's youngsters!

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 31, 11 at 15:04

Minnie, that was fun; my "level of maturity" definitely qualifies me to relate to it!

Since DH and I will probably be sound asleep when 2011 departs and 2012 begins, let me wish everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let's hope and pray that we can all act with a little more charity towards each other in the next twelve months.

Be well and stay safe.

o

I too can relate, that was fun. Since I don't want to mess up a 60 year tradition, I also will be asleep.

Happy New Year to all of you and that the world will be a little bit gentler in the future.

o

This was fun, I'm older than dirt, so my children were the ones about '61 and all that good stuff. Parents get so upset when their children don't follow "the traditions" and I remember my mother telling me Grandfather was very upset when she dated and then married my dad in 1922: he wore belted coats and his hair was slicked back like Valentino's and he smoked cigarettes and he encouraged my mom to be a "Flapper". I wonder what he did to make his folks mad, sure there was something (now all that was in Germany)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here