Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Posted by janis_g (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 25, 10 at 13:01

Snowing in Georgia.
We're snowed in today there must be at least 4 inches of
wet snow on the ground. (don't y'all laugh now)
Our family dinner is scattered all over the county.
Gail has the ham and corn, green beans and banana pudding.
I have the cranberry salad and the strawberry banana nut salad.
Sue has a broccoli casserole, sweet potatoes, Red Velvet cake
etc.
Michelle has deviled eggs and a cobbler.
Schaun has the fried okra and hash brown casserole.
Together it would have been a great Christmas dinner.

Sue called to wish me a Merry Christmas and to talk about
the SNOW (it's a big deal to us). We were talking about being snowed in (to those of you North of the Mason Dixon line, being snowed in is when there is at least a half inch of snow on the ground, the roads are slick and you call all your relatives to see if they made it to the store to get milk and bread before the blizzard hit). Anyway Sue said at least I had leftovers from my Christmas Eve dinner, all she had was a broccoli casserole, sweet potatoes and a Red Velvet cake none of those appealed to her at all.

I have to say it is beautiful, this strange winter wonder land of white. The quiet is something else again.

Merry Christmas y'all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Sounds great and fun. Steve in Baltimore County.

o

Three inches of the stuff here. Only the second time I have experienced snow on Christmas Day. The dogs are having a blast playing in it.

Roads are passable in my end of the valley, but not so just a bit further east. And with the temps going below freezing again this afternoon and night, well, black ice awaits. Have the fixin's for French Toast so am well set to wait it out. Should be clear by Monday.

Can't understand that rationale about red velvet cake. What's the world coming to?

o

We got last night about 1". At least it looks like a white Christmas. Right now a few flakes flaat around.

o

We are up to about 5 inches or so.
It hasn't stopped since it started in the wee hours.

I started to let Sassi go outside and play but she is so little I might lose her.

It will most likely be melted by tomorrow evening.

Maybe we can auction off the Red Velvet cake.

o

Plenty of rain here lately, but no snow. The sun came out for a bit today, finally.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

o

Snow here, also. It started about daybreak and continued all day long. About 5 inches which is enough to limit traffic on our little snake-trail road. Sure is pretty, but it can go away right now as far as I'm concerned.

o

I'm sorry your Christmas meal with relatives didn't materialize as you had hoped but am glad you had a beautiful white Christmas day. You'll remember this one always.

o

We still have snow.
Who'd have thunk it?
Snow in Georgia and it is still snowing,
sort of. It just comes and goes.

It is (football)day here and I've been reading a new book on
my new Kindle. ( a Christmas present from Katrina)
Love it!
There are a series of groans coming from the living room so
I am assuming the news is bad as far as the game goes.
I'm with Marda on the football thing.

o

We too had a white Christmas. Only the second I've ever had, and the last one was 17 years ago. It was perfect for us though. We're so far north, it only landed on the yards and trees; driving was as easy as in rain. It was so perfect, I was just crying and squeezing LF's hand as we drove to my mom's and singing over the river and through the woods...!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here