Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilosophie

Snow

lilosophie
11 years ago

Snowing! It is unusual , looks pretty - but we are not all that equipped for it, hope it goes away soon. All the animals don't know what to make of that stuff.

Comments (17)

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

None here yet, would not mind a foot of the stuff or more, my snowshovel is ready to go and moved to the front of the shed.

• oscarthecat
    11 years ago

Oh please keep it away from here.

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

Oscarthecat, everybody around me is of your opinion, I am used to be the lone snow owl (too old to be a snow bunny) here.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

"he last time just the right combination came together was 35 years ago on Feb. 5, 1976, when a broad cold front brought snow all over the Bay Area. Before that, Jan. 15, 1962, brought less than an inch."
    They are talking about my area, my backyard and our beloved Super Dog. He went out to do his "business" but halfway there, he stopped and went stiff legged, He looked around, but did not move. I went out and cleared a path to his business site, then brought him back to the house on his leash.
    After that, he stood half way between his doggie door and the outside, before he went out.

• Lisa_H OK
    11 years ago

What a beautiful pic! We don't get a lot of snow in OK, but we do get some. I'd rather have snow than ice!

Lisa

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It snowed all day, that's what it looked like by afternoon

• don_socal
    11 years ago

Beautiful pictures, fun stuff for the critters as long as it is fairly temporary. I miss the snow from when I was growing up in Iowa but only till I remember shoveling it. Now the Fall color is a whole other story.

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Lilo, what a beautiful sight, but hope it doesn't cause too much discomfort for you. Your animals have to be fed, whatever the weather.

I'm in Anneliese's category of liking snow. I'd love to see a good snow fall. I know it's a pain for most people, but I still like it, (probaby b/c DH and I don't have to go out, if we don't choose to).

• PetrMores
    11 years ago

I was out in the beech forest nearby the other day and I did a very quick digital sketch of sunlit snow effect. It was rather cold so I only took ten minutes to paint on location.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Hi, PetrMores , and welcome. Your digital paining is very good and representative of a cold winter day.

• PetrMores
    11 years ago

Thank you very much. I've been making quite some nature/garden related sketches in the last years, and if anyone's interested I'll be happy to share them. Unfortunately, I don't own a garden, but if there ever was a garden wannabe then it's me. :)

I've only got one question: does anyone know how to set the size of the picture in the post? The file above is quite small, and intended to be small. It looks weird sized up.

Meanwhile, I offer another snowy pic I painted last winter.

Petr

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for sharing - this is beautiful work!

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Try the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo size ?

• GulfportGail
    11 years ago

lilo,
    The snow is beautiful.
    TFS.

Petr,
    Your pictures are beautiful.
    So talented!!
    TFS

• pretty.gurl
    11 years ago

Beautiful pictures & great artwork

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

I love it all. The thoughts, the images... great job!

• oscarthecat
    11 years ago

hopes and wishes didn't work. Light snow here now.

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz
More Discussions