Cat at window
observes with amusement
prefers warm room

Lilo Ducommun 12/10/12

Picture from my files

Comments (6)

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Even without the photo, your haiku(s) paint a descripture, clear, word picture. The cat is definitely the smart one, don't you think? :>)

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

Even without your picture of the kitty I could see your outside. Wish I had your gift of words.

• gabriell_gw
    11 years ago

I agree, you do have a gift of words.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

heart faced kitty :)

I love the haikus. I especially can envision the dog sliding off. Skidding to below. Oops! I bet he was shocked. HA! Poor lil' fella. (((hugs to puppy doggy)))

• lilosophie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rob, you don't know my dog! It's a she and weighs 45+ lbs and has outgrown puppy-hood a long time ago.
    Thank you for reading and liking the Haikus, one of my poet friends keeps saying that everything can be expressed as poetry, and I guess he's correct - although Maximus caught and ate a wood-rat last night and I was sweeping rat-guts off the deck this morning - can't think of anything poetic about that :)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

Oh I call all of them puppy-doggies. I love them! Sorry about calling her a him. Don't know why I don't remember that? Hm. I always remember Sassy, Digby, and Scoop... Must add your lady to memory. Getting older. Not old yet, but the mind is beginning to rust shut.

Sponsored
More Discussions