Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The recipe is under the lid so,

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 7, 10 at 14:59

while Leone is gone on auxiliary business, I think I'll make oatmeal cookies and I think I'll throw in a handful of dark chocolate chips. Hey, if the have oatmeal in them they have to be health food don't they?

Besides, I really like oatmeal cookies and having the oven on on a cold day seems like a good idea. Hope I can find the parchment paper so I don't have to grease cookie sheets.
She made a pumpkin pecan pie last night but need some portable treat to carry around.

Was supposed to gain weight and this seems to be a good way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The recipe is under the lid so,

Those cookies sound like health food to me! If there are any nuts hanging around, you could add those, too. I'll bet your kitchen smells delicious!

o

The dark chocolate is healthy too! You can't go wrong.

o

Ok George..the big question is..do you dunk them??? They were made for dunking.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 7, 10 at 16:43

Dark chocolate is definitely a healthy food! That and coffee and red wine are all on the list

o

That's healthy baking, good for the soul and good for the tummy. As I recall, there is dark chocolate, oats, and eggs, all good for you.....And soo good to the taste. I hope you found the parchment paper, it sure helps with the clean up.

o

Raisins. Add raisins. The golden kind are especially good. That is way more healthful than the ooey gooey peanut butter cornflake things I made last night. I took them to work for the young guys so I would not over indulge.

o

I love oatmeal cookies.As a young child that's what my mother baked. I wonder had chocolate chip cookies been invented? Seriously, I don't remember having those until I was older. George, bet yours are great.

o

Add dried cranberries, along with the raisins.

And use sunflower seeds instead of nuts. Although some kinds of nuts are supposed to be better than others.

And make a few dozen extra to put in the freezer since I can't get over there to sample :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here