Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

I'm here.. please continue :)

Lamora
11 years ago

Hi, just wanted to continue our little chat here and not on a plant forum..

agian I am sorry for the ranting on the other forum. I just feel overwhelmed with it. I was never a good caregiver. That was always mom. Now give me a dog, cat, or some furry four legged thing, then Yes, Im there. Maybe even a plant or 2..

but anyway, I'm here. I hope we can keep this going.. love talking with you all.. :)

Marjie

Comments (24)

• agnespuffin
    11 years ago

I think you meant to post this on another forum.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    11 years ago

Marjie invited some pals from another forum to come over here where they might meet other good spirits and talk about other things besides how they kill plants. Just kidding, Marjie. :-)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

I just read it and thought, I bet she's wondering where she put this thread. I would be!

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Hi Lamora, we have diversified conversations here. Welcome.

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

umm ok, I know exactly where I put this post. What happened was I started post in the house plant forum, got off topic, would love to continue it, didn't want to take up space there, so I came here hoping that the others would join and continue the chat we were having.. That IS what this forum is for-- off topic-- right? or am I missing something.. again.

west gardener, thanks for the welcome :)
    Marjie~~ needing to talk about "just stuff"

• agnespuffin
    11 years ago

If we only knew what you were chatting about.

• mjmercer
    11 years ago

Well hey there, Margie/Lamora, chat away! If ever there were a forum for deliberately meandering from one topic to the next, this one is it. :o)

Are we still asking newbies how they feel about chocolate, zin and Pinky? lol

Karen

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Hi, Margie/Lamora. Welcome to the GP from me, too.

Wow! I checked out the House Plant forum; who would have suspected there's such a "hot bed" of activity connected with house plants? Not me, that's for sure! The two poor neglected plants I have--a Golden Pothos over 20 years old, and a Xmas cactus--have survived on their own. The only thing I remember to do for them is water them--once in awhile!

This is a lovely place, a little quiet the last year or so, but always open to conversation and polite discussions.

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, the topic on the other forum started out w/me repotting plants, that should not be repotted this time of year.. out of sheer bordem-- lol Well, ok, one needed it since the pot broke, but then i just kept repotting other plants... so bordem, pets, family was what we were chatting about.. Winter darkness-- lol.

What I love most is the animal talk, our pets and how spoiled they are.. I have come to mind that mine are "privilaged" not spoiled-- lol. And they know it. ;)

Chocolate-- a must have. zin? umm sorry, not sure what that is. And the only Pinky I know is a cartoon, "Pinky and the Brain" yes, I am that old... and I love cartoons, this was/is one of my favorites... if that is what you were talking about.. if not, excuse me, need directions sometimes.. lol

You can call me Lamora or Marjie,, Lamora is a toon I created on an online game, would do anything to be like her. Slim, active, heals wonderfully, knows what she is about.. very oppisite of me.. ;) I actually use that name a lot on sites.

But anyway, that is the basic of what we were chatting about. Feel free to join, would love to hear from you.. about anything.. :)

here's to making friends :)
    Marjie

• Lisa_H OK
    11 years ago

Hi, Marjie!!! Welcome! Pinky was our flamingo mascot. She/He traveled all over the world and had pictures to prove it. She flew off somewhere and we haven't seen her in many years.

Someone will have to dig out the history about how the Garden Party came to be. Anyone still remember? I arrived just as it opened. I think it came about because of some heavy partying at the Beer Garden :)

I spent the evening worrying about a "teenager" who wants to own his own car and drive. (long story...too long) I'm up for ANYTHING lighter than that!

Lisa

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

In that case, hi Marjie! So in what part of the country do you live? I have two cats; one is sweet and kind, while the other is just plain obnoxious. I live in Nashville. I like dark chocolate, especially when a little of the bubbly is near by. I do mean sparkling wine, prosecco, etc.

Pinkie is our (GardenParty) "mascot". A pink flamingo that traveled round the USA and then the world. One would take the flamingo, set it up, take a picture and post it, then send it on the next person. Pinky hasn't traveled in a very long time.

Zin? I dunno. I have been here awhile, but not long enough for that! Do tell us Karen? Zinfandel?

Here is a link that might be useful: remembrances of Pinkie

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

Hello, Marjie - yes, Zin is Zinfandel, some of the Gentlemen on this board used to be very fond of it, some likes Marsala instead. As we were younger we did party more, I think.I have been sitting on this bench since 1989, when I got my first computer.
    I live with four cats, one dog, assorted chickens and four goats.

• don_socal
    11 years ago

There was also Madeira, Blue paint and feathers, the green man and many games and other interactive pursuits.

Welcome Marjie, don't miss the quotes as you may want to sign up to wrangle a week. We inspired some of our lurkers (meant as a compliment not derogatory) to join in and the inspired us with poetry and many wonderful things to nudge our minds from the doldrums.

• agnespuffin
    11 years ago

I've been here a long, long time. Once it got sooo crowded that the Kitchen Table forum was born. That speeded things up a bit. Then too many of the posters just liked to argue about things, anything! And that's when the Hot Topics forum started. Things quieted down, but I confess, that I sort of miss the people that left.

It's difficult to really Discuss Something, without an opposing view. But too often, posters demand to get in The Last Word in order to prove that their viewpoint is correct and you are an idiot to think otherwise.

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

Hello Marjie, nice to meet you. I have just one black cat but a backyard zoo of birds, squirrels, racoons, possums and a woodchuck who overwinters underneath the shed.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

These are my houseplants.

• shymilfromchi
    11 years ago

A windowsill filled with lovely green house plants means, for me, that Spring is on its way, even though its December. And they clear the air in the house better than any chemical spray.

• bienvenidos
    11 years ago

Hi Marjie, too bad you need a nuclear-powered icebreaker to be allowed to use this forum...it used to be for anybody. It's a lot friendlier over at the Kitchen Table http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/kitchentable/ if you'd just like to chat without a formal introduction, and don't care to be chastized for not extendin yer pinkie...

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

bienvenidos, I can see that you are not an amigo, to this forum. But it is an open forum, so feel free to post.

• pamven
    11 years ago

Gee bienvenidos,all i see are welcoming posts...whats your problem.

• bienvenidos
    11 years ago

You're here by mistake, oh, maybe not,but still you must learn about stuff that no one has talked about or experienced for YEARS to be accepted here? No wonder this forum is a stagnant tidal pool.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

"No wonder this forum is a stagnant tidal pool."
    Not stagnant, but like a real tidal pool, and I have been to a lot of tidal pools, ebb and tide and life goes on.

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Gee whiz, bienvenidos, this is supposed to be a happy time! Lighten up and join the party! :>)

• mjmercer
    11 years ago

You just registered two days ago, and your first GP post was a slam at the folks who post here regularly in spite of our welcoming comments -- one of which was mine -- to Margie/Lamora...

What's yer point, anyway, bienvenidos? I appreciate the graciousness of other GPers who have encouraged you to stay and post. They are far more open-minded than I.

Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions