Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chicken sitting again.

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 30, 13 at 16:17

Been gathering the eggs and feeding the chickens for our friends. In 4 days we have 68 eggs. They will be home today. We have been eating just about everything that has eggs as an ingredient, Just had bacon and eggs for lunch. They are so good, when you slide the eggs in the skillet the whites stand up around the yolks. Don't know what the MDA (minimum daily requirement) for eggs is but expect we are exceeding it. Yes, I know there is no MDA for eggs but there should be for daily fresh ones.

Hear that pound cake is on the menu too..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chicken sitting again.

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 30, 13 at 18:37

Wow! That's a lot of eggs--over 5 1/2 dozen, if I'm figuring correctly!

Deviled eggs are good, too, as are egg salad sandwiches.

Maybe you should set up a stand at the end of your drive, unless most folks in your area already have chickens and plenty of eggs, and don't need any more.

George, it's like a breath of fresh air to see and read your posts, again. Hooray for those glasses!!!

o

George, having you back here is like a Christmas present for me. My thanks to you and Leona for getting those glasses.

o

My niece and her husband live in an up-scale community and they have chickens as do their friends. I've had a dozen and wish I lived closer. I used mine to make a pound cake and it was wonderful.

These eggs are sold for $5 a dozen, money goes into college fund for their children.

o

Your chicken sitting story reminds me of a fun time in my family. My children who were raised on two acres on the edge of a small town never had the advantage of feeding chickens and gathering eggs as we had growing up. When visiting my aunt and uncle, my children were given the opportunity of visiting the livestock, picking beans and watermelons and tromping in the woods. When my uncle took them out to collect the eggs, they returned to tell us that they had been "picking eggs". Of course, from then on we never gathered eggs anymore. We "picked" them too.

I love your stories, A lot of them make me remember my happy childhood on a small farm. Thanks and good to "see" you again.

o

My small flock of chickens has an addition, an
Americuna (sp) hen, we named her Martha in honor of Martha Steward, who had a hand in developing this breed.
Martha lays green eggs - so it's really possible to have green eggs and ham - though the inside is like all eggs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here