Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
He told her we are through with your book. Kind of slow readers.

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 21, 11 at 16:19

I was going through a box of kids books that we used to read to our kids and to the grandkids when I found a book "Ann Can Fly". Didn't remember our childrn ever having that book. I opened the cover and written inside was Amy Adams. We lived next door to the Adams's for years and our 2 girls and their 3 used to play schoola t both houses and I suppose it wound up at our house then.

We knew where Amy works so yesterday we took it back. She is now 59 and guesses she might have been 10 when the book wound up at our house.

She told George "you really are slow readers" and thanked us, promising to read it to her grandkids.

Afraid that says something about my housekeeping, not noticing something out of place for perhaps the last 49 years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: He told her we are through with your book. Kind of slow read

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 21, 11 at 18:24

Leone, I'm sure hoping Any had a big smile on her face as she made that statement to George! Trust me, it doesn't say a thing about your housekeeping, except that you're a careful person who doesn't throw things away with checking them, first!

o
Oops! RE: He told her we are through with your book. Kind of slo

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 21, 11 at 18:30

I meant to say "WITHOUT checking them, first". I didn't proofread very carefully before I clicked on "Submit". Sorry about that.

o

What comes to mind is the saying "all in good time". and another one, when it's right it's right.IMO, you did the a good thing.

o

My first thought was, 'oh wow! you still have the kids' books from 50 years ago!'

The second thought was just a mix of admiration and amazement that you could locate the owner. Between the local farms being sold for tract housing, military families moving in and out of the neighborhoods, and the death rate of various wars and 'actions', I couldn't locate any of DH's friends (other than her BFF who remains in this area), much less any child I knew in school. I guess that's one of the big differences between living in a stable community and the non-stop movement of local suburbs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here