Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I now have three books

Posted by janis_g z7GA (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 14, 11 at 17:29

That Neil's grandfather wrote.

I wanted to give the kids something different for Christmas.
Their great gradnfather, I found out, had written four books.

The Devil's Own
The Fountain of Youth
Rhyme and Humor
Pa and Ma Wilson

I have been trying to find them and have succeeded in
finding all but one. Rhyme and Humor.
Pa and Ma Wilson showed up today and has a dust jacket with his picture on the back. I am thrilled. Neil isn't.
I took one look at the picture and said OMG Neil you look like your grandfather. Two of the books are signed.
Now if I could find the other book, each of Neil's four children would have a book their great grandfather wrote.

If any of you have Rhyme and Humor by Major Ellsworth Wilson stashed away in your attic, please
let me know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I now have three books

What a nice surprise for those children. I so hope you are able to find the last one.

o

Janis, this is really nice, hope you find the fourth book, that would make it more than nice, it would make it perfect!

o

HHow exciting I did a google on great grandfather and his names sure pops up a lot Maybe you can find a copy comewhere

Here is a link that might be useful: rhyme and humor by major ellsworth wilson - Google Search

o

On the back of the dust jacket it says he was a lawyer,
newspaper man. It also talks about his being in the
Spanish-American War as a Lieutenant. A Captain of Calvery on the Mexican border. A Major in the World War.

In the picture on the DJ, he is wearing a suit vest and tie and is a really nice looking man.

Neil unfortunately didn't like him and when he did come home for a visit he brought his tent and made Neil and his brother sleep outside and would get them up way before day break to see the sun rise. ( it doesn't sound so bad to me)
Neil just says he was so strict everyone was afraid of him.

I can remember Neil's mom saying she didn't like it when Papa came home and that he was too strict. I'm thinking
if he was in the military, he probably was pretty strict.

Neil looks a lot like him. It's a shame he doesn't have any good memories of him.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 15, 11 at 15:55

What a wonderful gift for them; I, too, hope you'll be able to find the 4th book.

Like Neil, I don't have fond memories--but it's of my maternal grandmother. However, I find myself quoting her way more often than I want to. She obviously had a greater impression on me than I thought.

o

He may have sounded strict , but it seems that he had a sense of humor,looking at the title "Rhyme and Humor". And he was into "The Fountain of Youth".

The Devil's Own
The Fountain of Youth
Rhyme and Humor
Pa and Ma Wilson

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here