Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fairy Ring

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 17:35

A couple of minutes ago I went out to fill up the birdfeeder for tomorrow and found a fairy ring of very fragile little white mushrooms. It has rained for three days, but we had frost before that. That's the first time I encountered mushroom in December. Crazy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fairy Ring

All the rain and fairly warm temp brought out a whole string of mushrooms here, little white ones. Even now we had some frost but the soil is still warm enough.
Wish I knew enough to use the edible ones, but don't want to take a chance.
Joann is taking a workshop about cultivating mushrooms, shitake and the oyster mushrooms do well, they do sell at the Farmer's markets and that is a safe enterprise.

o

Just north of here across the Pennsylvania line there are many roadside stands along the hiway. They are selling mushrooms from the local farms. Mostly old mine shafts. Quite an industry.

o

After the last rains we've had a lot of different "mushrooms" growing in the yard.They are prolific and fast growing, and I don"t know what they are, so I go on a mushroom kill.
I was interested in how to grow mushrooms, so after much research, including the posts here at GW, I decided to buy a kit and try it out.
It worked great and tasted good.
I would never buy any mushrooms from a road stand. Who knows what they know about mushrooms.
Below is a pic of the kit. I may have posted the pic and the info before, but I think it is timely to post it again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here