Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

The difference between food

gandle
11 years ago

That is a large hospital and our local. There were a number of food trays in the regional hospital that I didn't even touch except for the cup of tea. When I did eat something it had to me no flavor. But, when I was transferred home the head dietian came in and sat on the foot of the bed and said, O.K. what do you like to eat. I love a half grapefruit for breakfast and fruit of any kind. She said no problem we can do that and they did. But, the main course was always very good. One noon I thought I could smell grilling meat and one of the nurses told me we are in for a treat. Grilled hamburgers, I inwardly groaned, I visioned a dry 4 ounce patty on a bun but got a large slighty charred on either side and a thick juicy burger. A nurse announced one day that we would have chicken breast on a waffle and again I shuddered, that is easy to goof up but the chicken was moist and the waffle was great. And with every meal I got a dish of fruit, sometimes canned but more often fresh.

The main difference I think is that they are cooking for more staff than patients and they are actually cooking for them selves too. While I was there there were only 4 other patients at that time. They popped popcorn every afternoon and asked if you wanted some, I always did. Guess every patient was on a general diet while I was there. I actually had 2 sausage pattys and a plate of scrambled eggs one morning. Doctor had lifted any restrictions on the diet and am sure glad he did

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling
More Discussions