Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How strange

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 13, 11 at 18:20

It is raining here. We had about 8 inches of snow on the ground and daytime highs were in the 20's, lows near zero. Guess what happens when it rains on frozen streets and sidewalks. Western 2/3 of the state is a skating rink. Went out to get firewood this AM, the cat went with me and she had trouble keeping upright. When a cat slides on the sidewalk it is time to go in and read a book. It is in the 30's now and still maybe sleeting lightly. Don't think we will go anywhere.

RAIN in December, ridiculous.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How strange

We haven't had *any* accumulated snow yet. We've got rain in the forecast for tomorrow, and it won't be cold enough for it to freeze. Very odd for us not to have anything by this time of year. In light of the fact that Steve isn't "shovel-ready" from his October rotator cuff surgery yet, I'm not complaining.

I know the reason we don't have snow yet. It's because I got tired of skidding around without them the last two winters and bought a set of "mac daddy" snow tires for the Mini.

I do hope we get a lasting snow cover soon, as there's no better winter protection for my tender plants. You can keep the ice though. Glad you decided to stay indoors. Yours sounds like perfect "break a hip" weather, and I know you don't have the patience for that nonsense. :o)

o

I remember that happening, of course I was a kid and it made for fun sliding with or without skates.

o

Oh Gandle, send the rain to CA, we need it badly. It is SUPPOSED to rain here in December. It is cold and dry. If the dry spell goes on, I'm afraid we'll hear the dreaded "D" word, that's drought.

o

• Posted by pris 8B TX (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 14, 11 at 12:34

Well, I can't complain but sure would like to. Rheumatiz is getting me down. We've had rain and drizzle, mostly drizzle for over a week straight. First 2 or three days with overnight freezes and daytime temps not above high 30's. Had to wash my "outside" shoes twice from having to wade in the mud. But, I can't complain because we've finally gotten rain. I hope the drought is broken and danger of fire is over. For now at least. Just hope when this rainy spell is over it's not so long 'til the next rain.

Pris in SW TX

o

Raining here, we had a couple of days with light frost in the morning, but that's all, by noon it was light jacket weather again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here