Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

we really don't travel that well anymore

gandle
10 years ago

Georges brother died this morning and we will drive the 200+ miles for the memorial service Monday. Some birthday for George. I have to do all the driving, he can't see well enough anymore. Local optometrist claims she can have some glasses with prisms in the so that he could see the monitor, not sure he believes her.

Comments (14)

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Hi Gandle, glad you posted, sorry about the circumstances.
    I can totally identify with the driving issue. DH and I don't travel that well anymore either. It's a pain.
    I hope George can give the optometrist a chance, so he can see the monitor enough to send a wreath via the web.
    I can't even imagine driving all that way.
    Happy birthday to George.

• mawheel
    10 years ago

Ah, Leone, sorry for the sad circumstances, but how nice to hear from you. I have missed your and George's postings, and have hoped you both were O.K.

My husband doesn't have a vision problem, but doesn't get around well or easily, so I do all the driving, and have done so for the past three years. 200+ miles is a good distance for one person to be behind the wheel. Sure hope you've planned a rest stop or two.

Condolences on the loss of George's brother and hugs to both of you.

((((((Leone and George))))))

• pkramer60
    10 years ago

Leone, please pass on my condolences to George on the loss. And take your time driving.

I have missed his posting and yours too. It would be wonderful if the glasses worked for him. And he should really check into the Dragon software for posting and emails. I am told it is super easy to use. You speak and it types for you.

And Happy Birthday!

• gabriell_gw
    10 years ago

Leone, thank you for checking in. I'm sorry about your loss.

I hope George can have a happy birthday even though I know he is saddened. Please encourage him to try whatever can be done to help his vision. I miss his writings and can still remember some of his stories.

Please have a safe trip.

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

Leone, happy you let us know what's going on, sorry about George's loss. I am really missing your posts, we have such a long time connection. We are all getting there, I suppose.
    Please keep in touch, love to you and George, be careful and take care of yourselves.

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

I am so sorry for George's and your loss. Not driving ourself anymore, it is hard to get around.
    Like everybody else, I have been missing both of you.
    My computer has a program to enlarge the letters, I have not tried it, but check it out today.
    Just take your time for the long drive and stop several times.
    And please try to stay in touch, we miss you.

• sweet_betsy No AL Z7
    10 years ago

Wishing you condolences on your loss as well as a safe trip. We miss hearing from you.

• kris_zone6
    10 years ago

Have a safe trip. My condolences on your loss.

• mjmercer
    10 years ago

Yes, what gabriell said.

Hugs to you both.

Karen

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

((((leone and george))))

Miss you! Safe travels. I hope you get to see that the optometrist is right.

• minnie_tx
    10 years ago

QVC had a demonstration (live) of that Dragon program You talk and it prints it out on screen and very reasonable. Sorry for your loss but happy to hear from you

Minnie (a once in a while poster)

• gmatx zone 6
    10 years ago

Sorry for the loss of your brother, George. Leone, thanks so much for keeping us updated on you and George. I sure miss George's postings - think that all of us do.

Happy birthday, George. For your birthday gift to yourself, go see the optometrist and try the prism lenses.

You two take care of yourselves and check in whenever you can. (((((hugs)))))

Mary

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

So, how did it go?

• User
    10 years ago

Condolences for the loss of your brother. Hope the drive went well and you are home safe.

Sponsored
More Discussions