Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We have a very friendly visitor

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 23, 11 at 20:07

A young male cat is showing up every afternoon and of course George is making a new friend. Spook hates him of course. He looks like someone was going to design a calico cat but ran out of colors. The front half is mostly white and the back mostly orange. He has white socks and a black spot between his eyes. I keep telling George not to feed or handle the cat but he didn't pay any attention to me. I'm sure he has a home but now he has a second one. That man and cats seem to bond.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We have a very friendly visitor

Gandle the cat magnet. ;^)

o

• Posted by pamven z5neastindiana (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 23, 11 at 20:45

Lucky George!!! We have several new strangers roaming around lately....my little guy thinks they are his new friends. Probably wouldnt like them face to face but through the windows it is all happy talk.

o

George has a big warm heart and cats know it. So what the kittys name?

o

I'm a cat lover as well.

o

I think I'll call him Claude. And the black spot isn't between his eyes, its almost on top of his head. He will let me pick him up and he purrs like a dump truck. I think he must be an outside cat, his coat is about as heavy as any I've ever seen. He seems to be well fed but he knows I've got a few snacks for a funny looking cat.

o

Claude. Nice. Hmm, I wonder if that heavy coat portends a wicked winter. We'll have to see if Claude is a weather forecaster.

o

Somebody must have dumped their cats here or maybe several persons, we have right now 6 cats which definitely were former pets, including 2 Main Coons, 1 Himalayan, a longhaired orange, a black one and a black and white one. My cat hates all if them, especially the very friendly Main Coon tiger who wants to come in. The local cat shelter is full to the max, nobody wants to take them. 2 neighbors and I feed them, but they need homes.

o

• Posted by tibs 5/6 OH (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 25, 11 at 18:24

Claude. wasn't that the name of a neurotic cat in a loony tune? He was in a few cartoons that I remember.

o

Are you sure it is a male? Cats with white, black and orange patches of fur are almost always female.

(I'm a cat lover too -- we have three, plus two dogs and finches.)

o

I have a couple of those around my house. One is Mab, a cranky calico; she won't let anyone but me touch her. She follows me around wherever I go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here