Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Well, they work

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 28, 13 at 20:53

Sort of anyway. If you cross your ankles, comb your hair forward and whistle, they work. Just kidding. But you do have to look not quite directly at the object you are looking at. Thats an exaggeration too. They are heavy, ugly and I've been warned not to walk with them on but put on regular glasses.

I am writing about my new goofy looking glasses as I'm sure you have guessed. At the price they charged they ought to teach me to do calisthentics and yodel but I'll settle for seeing the monitor and reading books.

Guess you aren't going to get rid of me that easily

Things are quiet here but New Years day we will be up at the farm, all our kids, grand kids and great grand kids will be there. House will be like a zoo but so much fun with the greats. Son says we will have prime rib, that may take a couple of cows.

See what happens when I can see the monitor, I run on forever. Enough.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Well, they work

What good news! I'm so glad to learn you got the new glasses.Please tell some of your great stories.

o

George! Wonderful you can see with them newfangled goggles,we are delighted (I speak for everyone :) ). Have a great New Years' party with that big family of yours and stay in touch!

o

Well, good for you! We want to hear all about the party.

o

Yes, report in. Sounds like a fun time.

o

YEAH! Sorry you have to have them, but glad you found something that allows you to read and be able to use your computer again.

Don - Glad to "see" you again, also.

o

Good for you George! See, there's always a way:-)

o

Glad to have you back. Both my aunts on my father's side had macular degeneration and I go faithfully to the eye doctor who says I have no sign of it. I am very glad to hear of your solution, even if it isn't a fashion statement.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 29, 13 at 13:20

WELCOME BACK!! How wonderful to read your post; no matter how the glasses look, if they help you, they're 'priceless'!!

((((((Hugs to Leone and you, too.))))))

o

Welcome Back. I'm so glad you got it all figured out so you could be back at the GP again.
Have a happy New Years party.

o

Yay!

From the description of the glasses, I'll bet you look very Clark Kent-ish. :o)

Have fun at the party and come back to the GP with a full report!

Karen

This post was edited by mjmercer on Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 15:43

o

Oh happy news for us all! We don't get rid of you and you can see! I'm so pleased you can see again. Goofy or not, they can keep you in touch? That's fantastic! I can't think of enough good words.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here