Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

And just for fun

gandle
11 years ago

hupaj Siupaj polka by pan franek any search engine or youtube. The fiddler on the right has more energy than I think I ever had. Don't bother trying to translate, just let the foot tapping start.

Comments (11)

• mawheel
    11 years ago

WOW! what lively, foot-stomping music! George, were you up and dancing at 7 minutes to Midnight ("23:33"), last night? If so, good for you!

That was a fun video to watch; I've jotted down the information you gave so that I can see it again, sometime. If one were feeling "blue", listening to that music would be a good antidote.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Oh, that's fun. We had a fiddler in our family and although he was a "serious" fiddler, he could jazz it up at times.

I grew up with Polka music and dance. The accordian is also part of my history.We had fun.
    I'm glad to see the younger members of the band have fun.

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

If I remember correctly, I learned to dance the polka from my grandfather, I must have been about 5 yrs. old.
    This was just pure fun and I wished I had somebody to dance with.

• gandle
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, wouldn't it be fun to dance to that music? New knee day after tomorow but that won't give me my balance might quit hurting so much though.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

gandle and anneliese, I'll dance the polka with you. I may be a little slow in the beginning, but I think we can get it together.and have some fun.

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Please include me in that polka party, too. That way, we'll each have a partner!

George, I'll be thinking about you on Thursday, saying some prayers for a smooth surgery, and sending good thoughts and sunflowers to you and Leone.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

C'mon on down/up/over! You have never truly polka-ed if you haven't been to Nashville and gone to the Gerst Haus. We have a resident polka dancer who will waltz (get it, ha!) right up to you, replete in lederhosen and practically make you get out of your seat. You'd be in for a treat if you came here!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mongo and his escapades

• User
    11 years ago

Looks like fun, our house always watched Lawrence Welk when we were growing up so polka and accordion music is familiar to me though I only played one that belonged to a friend.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    11 years ago

That was fun!

Made me think of accordian players in general, and when I think of accordian players, I think of Vincenzo Abbraciante. You gotta see him. Sure he plays a good version of Ciribirabin, but watch his fingers light on fire at 1:58. YOu've never seen anything like him. He's jaw dropping!

Here is a link that might be useful: Vincenzo Abbracciante on youtube

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

I enjoyed the music, and I'm impressed with his dexterity.

• User
    11 years ago

Hoping your new knee will give the ability to do a bit of dancing as soon as you get used to it.

Sponsored
More Discussions