Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
And just for fun

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 23:33

hupaj Siupaj polka by pan franek any search engine or youtube. The fiddler on the right has more energy than I think I ever had. Don't bother trying to translate, just let the foot tapping start.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: And just for fun

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 15:16

WOW! what lively, foot-stomping music! George, were you up and dancing at 7 minutes to Midnight ("23:33"), last night? If so, good for you!

That was a fun video to watch; I've jotted down the information you gave so that I can see it again, sometime. If one were feeling "blue", listening to that music would be a good antidote.

o

Oh, that's fun. We had a fiddler in our family and although he was a "serious" fiddler, he could jazz it up at times.

I grew up with Polka music and dance. The accordian is also part of my history.We had fun.
I'm glad to see the younger members of the band have fun.

o

If I remember correctly, I learned to dance the polka from my grandfather, I must have been about 5 yrs. old.
This was just pure fun and I wished I had somebody to dance with.

o

Yes, wouldn't it be fun to dance to that music? New knee day after tomorow but that won't give me my balance might quit hurting so much though.

o

gandle and anneliese, I'll dance the polka with you. I may be a little slow in the beginning, but I think we can get it together.and have some fun.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 21:24

Please include me in that polka party, too. That way, we'll each have a partner!

George, I'll be thinking about you on Thursday, saying some prayers for a smooth surgery, and sending good thoughts and sunflowers to you and Leone.

o

C'mon on down/up/over! You have never truly polka-ed if you haven't been to Nashville and gone to the Gerst Haus. We have a resident polka dancer who will waltz (get it, ha!) right up to you, replete in lederhosen and practically make you get out of your seat. You'd be in for a treat if you came here!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mongo and his escapades

o

Looks like fun, our house always watched Lawrence Welk when we were growing up so polka and accordion music is familiar to me though I only played one that belonged to a friend.

o

That was fun!

Made me think of accordian players in general, and when I think of accordian players, I think of Vincenzo Abbraciante. You gotta see him. Sure he plays a good version of Ciribirabin, but watch his fingers light on fire at 1:58. YOu've never seen anything like him. He's jaw dropping!

Here is a link that might be useful: Vincenzo Abbracciante on youtube

o

I enjoyed the music, and I'm impressed with his dexterity.

o

Hoping your new knee will give the ability to do a bit of dancing as soon as you get used to it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here