Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prairiemoon2

Noodles and Company

DS's very much loved pets...

Noodles, last year...

{{gwi:146364}}

Three weeks old, Stymie and Daisy 6/08....

{{gwi:146366}}

LaLa and Moe....

{{gwi:146367}}

Mama Merlin and LaLa

{{gwi:146368}}

Daisy...

{{gwi:146369}}

Noodles and LaLa...

{{gwi:146370}}

The two boys...

{{gwi:146371}}

Two girls and two boys...

{{gwi:146372}}

A park near their house...

{{gwi:146373}}

Comments (12)

• jak1
    15 years ago

What lovely pets! And the photo of Noodles and Lala sleeping - what a keeper! Happy 2009 to you all!

Julie

• chelone
    15 years ago

How precious are they?

:)

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    15 years ago

The Noodles and Lala pictures is definitely the cutest...:- ) I'm sure Misty would love a cat buddy - but I developed quite bad allergies to cats in the late 1990s so where the cats we had then died, we didn't replace them. Also, now that Misty has developed a taste for baby bunnies, I'd be very nervous about what she might do to a kitten!

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Great pics of the critters. The kitties are espacially cute,and the pooch is nice, but I am impressed with that tree also!!! LOL

Nolon and I have never had a dog during our married life. Both of us had one or more, many years before. I have no desire for one, but do enjoy our neighbor's Sam, the Great Pyrenees. They (those neighbors) have always had well behaved dogs.(They must enploy Chelone's beating treatments.) The first one that we knew was when we first bought our woods. We can't remember his name off hand, but every time I would come up here to wander through the woods, he would join me and tree squirrels. I frequently accused him of lying to me...LOL.

• Jerri_OKC
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh, they are so cute! What are the kitties looking at out the window? We put up a lot of bird feeders outside the windows. It's kitty 'TV'. Noodles is lucky to have such a nice park to play in.

Jerri

• triple_creek
    15 years ago

Pm2, The animals are so cute and the pictures tell the story. I bet theres never a dull moment at their house.
    Such cute names too. I like Stymie and Moe. Norma

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Woody...DH has always had allergies to cats, among other things. Only mildly to dogs, thankfully. So, DS did not have any cats growing up. It is so funny to see his face light up when he talks about his animals. They keep him laughing. I had cats growing up and have missed having them as an adult, so I am enjoying them vicariously. [g]

Marian...I was also impressed with the tree. I remember you love trees and so do I and my son does too. Looks like an old Beech tree I guess.

Jerri...the cats are indoor cats and there is no feeder out the window. They are on the second floor and I guess just enjoy the sights.

Thanks Norma...they are cute names. I have no idea where he came up with Stymie. lol

Thanks all... :-)

• chelone
    15 years ago

Fun fact of the day:

Stymie was a marvelous racehorse from the 1940s. He was a "one run" horse, preferring to come from behind in a stretch drive and preferring distances over one mile. As was common with descendants of Fair Play, he matured late and didn't really show his ability until he'd matured. Note that he was raced until age 8, which meant he completed in the handicap ranks, where ability dictates the assigned weight.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stymie

• saucydog
    15 years ago

Slimy Stymie was the nickname of my best friend :)

Noodles is so cute and there is nothing like a kitten :) though they grow up to be cats :)

The Beech tree ain't bad, either.....

Saucy

• Marian_2
    15 years ago

Interesting reading this morning....on all threads.

Chelone, your link reminded me of the DVD we watched the other day..."Dreamer", with Kurt Russell and Dakota Fanning. It is based on a true story about a race horse. All horse lovers would enjoy it. ( I bought the video.)

Pm2, I agree...the tree is a beech. There are lots of them not far from us, espacially near the Buffalo River.

I am glad you can enjoy the cats vicariously. Out Tim was allergic to fuzzy cats when he was a child. He got Eczema from them. Thank goodness he outgrew that. He loves cats.

As for dogs, every now and then I think I would like to have one, but..at my age, it would not be wise...too much of a responsibiliy, and we would probably go before it would.
    That possibility bothers me when it comes to our cats also, but when I mentioned that to Tim, he said he would take them. :-)

This morning I overslept, and when I got up and I could hear no sound from Nolon's room. I thought,"This may have been his time to go". I went ahead and prepared breakfast, then went to his room. He was just getting dressed. I told him he probably should go ahead and use his nebulizer before breakfast, since I overslept. ( It was time for it.)
    When he finished breakfast, I told him we both probably thought the other had passed on. :-)
    Don't worry, it doesn't worry me.....it is just a fact of life. (Thumbs up!)

• dodgerdudette
    15 years ago

One of the Little Rascals was also Stymie...

Kathy in Napa, sneaking in

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Chelone and Kathy...thanks for those little tidbits. I see Stymie the horse is in the Hall of Fame, how great. I will have to pass that along to DS.

Marian we enjoyed 'Dreamer' too. I don't think there is a movie about a horse that I haven't loved.

I grew up laughing over the Little Rascals, but I didn't remember Stymie. I think he was Spanky's black companion, is that right? I will have to ask DS where he came up with the name.

My DH just walked by and saw me watching Little Rascal clips on YouTube and sat down to watch them with me. [g] We are both fans. They were so funny. I didn't remember how small Spanky was in the beginning.

Saucy...Slimy Stymie?! lol What a horrid nickname...lol. You mean you don't want to explain how that came to be? :-) Or should I ask?

Marian...I have a feeling the two of you might surprise yourselves how long you keep going. Like a pair of energizer bunnies! :-)

pm2

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!