Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IU IV - What would you like to see and do?

Posted by saucydog z5MA (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 11, 09 at 9:34

All the leaves are brown
and the sky is grey
Idyllunion dreaming
on such a winter's day :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IU IV - What would you like to see and do?

We have started this thread as early as December in the past - so I guess now is as good a time as any.

I'd like to see the Botanical Garden in Boothbay because I have heard that it is excellent. I will research and add a link here.

o
RE: IU VI - What would you like to see and do?

Here's the link to Botanical Gardens Saucy.

http://www.mainegardens.org/

The calendar of events is absent for 09. But if you go to the ticket section, there's a short list there. They'll probably fluff it out later.

Here is a link that might be useful: Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens

o

Thank you, Cynthia. My only complaint is that I can't get the pictures to load! I had to google images, and there aren't many!

In my Google travels I came upon Downeast, and wondered if everyone was familiar? My MIL gets the magazine, so I get to read it while in Maine.

I thought I'd link for those who might want to poke around.

Here is a link that might be useful: Downeast Website

o
re: iu vi....what a goof

I could've swore that I put VI....I'm changing it.

I hate not being able to edit.

o

We visited the Coastal Maine BG in Boothbay 1 1/2 years ago and it was fantastic. It is a young BG, but still has quite a bit to look at and I was impressed with their creative walking trails in the woods near the water. I have lots of photos, but you all know my problems with those. I'll take a look-if I have them on my main hard drive instead of the external, then I can modify them easier and will try to post some in a folder.

o

It is a solid 2 hrs. to Boothbay Harbor from here, which means about 4 hrs. spent on the road. How much time would be required to have the sort of visit we would like, Monique? should we look for another fun activity in the same general vicinity to round out the day before a leisurely drive back to camp?

I am definitely in for this one and may even be able to persuade the helpmeet to join us. Traffic will be heavier on the weekends and mid-morning, so this is a trip I'd start by 7:30-8AM.

o

• Posted by jak1 4 Ontario Can (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 12, 09 at 9:43

See the Idylls. Laugh my head off. Eat like a hog. Drink like a fish. Talk till the wee hours. Visit anything that the hosts think would be fun. BUT I probably won't make it, so I expect everyone who goes to do these things in my stead and to send me photos and updates.

Hmmm. Exactly where and when will this reuinion take place? Just in case.....

o

LOL

Apparently all of you read Roman Numerals as well as I do. Oh how I wish I could take this one back :)

Julie, check your email.

Lisa.

o

Nah, Saucy, the beauty of it all is that we knew exactly what you meant! Great minds think alike. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here