Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deanneart

Links to Summer

deanneart
16 years ago

I've finally put together and uploaded a couple photo galleries from my 2007 garden pics and thought you might enjoy a 'tour'. I still have to finish up one more gallery with the fall photographs and will upload it here when its done.

Deanne

Here is a link that might be useful: Early Summer 2007

Comments (19)

• deanneart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here is a link to the late summer pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Late Summer 2007

• deanneart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

And here is a link to the last 2007 garden gallery that covers September till mid NOvember

Here is a link that might be useful: 2007 Autumn Gardens

• gardenbug
    16 years ago

OY!!!!!!
    You've got too much energy and talent. ;-)

• dodgerdudette
    16 years ago

Soooo, when does the book come out ???
    Other than that, I'm speechless.

Kathy in Napa

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    16 years ago

I agree that you have more energy then I have ever had...lol. I had some time last night and since there is rarely anything worth watching on TV any more, I leisurely looked through your garden photos. I feel like I have had the tour now. :-)

You do a wonderful job of maintaining it all. I had some favorites...

Daylily 'Purely' with the Phlox paniculata 'Pink Flame'...I am not usually a daylily fan, but that one really appealed to me and the combo was inspired.
    Your Lilies are gorgeous...one was not named but was a deep pink, and the other was 'Bergamo' LOVED them.
    The Hibiscus 'Fantasia' is very pretty. I bought 'Plum Crazy' in the fall and hoping it will come back for me. I think they are from the same hybridizer.
    Some of your large leaved dark coleus are so effective. One especially had deep plum background with a bright pink edging. That one was my favorite. 'Othello' was nice too. They all are gorgeous!
    The fuchsia standard on the corner of your terrace garden was my favorite. Beacon Rose, I think. Swingtime would be another.
    I must be entering a new phase, as my favorites of all your containers were shades of yellow. Yellow has historically been a color I use in very small doses and I seem to tend toward pinks and purples more. I just loved the container with what looks like a yellow million bells cascading over the edge and either a Canna or Banana that was striped with yellow toned coleus in the pot with them. Very bright and cheerful. I used yellow coleus last year and I will probably do it again next year.
    You had another container that had a Helicrysum in it that looked yellow. I didn't know they came in that shade. Very pretty.
    A pretty Alocasia in a ceramic pot all by itself ...I really enjoyed that.
    Your sitting area that looks like it is next to a garage or back kitchen door? Very inviting area. Wind chimes on the corner. I am starting to collect wind chimes and my DH gave me another one for Christmas. I've decided I cannot have too many. [g]
    I see a dark hedge behind some of your beds which I thought had a very nice effect. In one photo you could see the sunlight hitting tree branches behind the hedge and it gave a lot of depth to the view.
    I loved all your Dahlias..very nice colors.
    First time I had seen Campanula 'Sarastro' ..quite different looking and beautiful with the silver tones around it.
    Clematis 'Etoille Violette'...looks very healthy. Bushy and full of bloom. Loved it.
    I was surprised by your 'Malabar' coleus as a standard. What a great idea. Did you create the standard yourself?

Easy to see that lots of love goes into your 'container creations'. I really enjoyed it, thanks for posting your garden photos Deanne. Such a nice break from winter. :-)

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    16 years ago

Oh...I meant to tell you that I think your cat Luke is the most gorgeous cat, I have ever seen. I LOVE his coloring!!

• denisez10
    16 years ago

Deanne, I had such an enjoyable half hour Mon. morning before work, last cup of coffee, no reading, just pure saturated visual intake reliving your beautiful garden. No time for detailed comments, but I remember thinking how well the driveway garden looked, possibly because I hadn't seen too much of it before. Tell Doug his cimicifuga is huge!

• gldno1
    16 years ago

Deanne, I haven't done all the albums yet, but have seen the first two. What a treat! It makes the cost of my new wireless absolutely worth it.

I loved seeing the transition in the garden between spring and summer, especially the containers. I particularly loved the reddish pansies with the Japanese maple. All your combinations are inspired and inspiring.

Thanks you for all the work in posting the albums.

• just_t
    16 years ago

I have the twins here today so can't go look until they go home, but after reading the responses above, I'm eager to get the time to look! I always love seeing the beauty you capture with your camera.

T.

• chloehoover
    16 years ago

Deanne, every year when I see your "garden in review", I think this is the most magnificent year and you've outdone yourself -- but then you do it even more "fabu" the next! Don't you agree that it was truly stunning this year though? I dont see how you could improve on it.

Thanks so much for taking all the time to put these together and share them with us. I'm going to drool all over my laptop looking again this weekend.

--Cindy

• michelle_zone4
    16 years ago

I agree, there should be a gardening book made of this beautiful garden. Just fabulous! I really need to get my but out east sometime and see it in person. Thanks Deanne, for putting these together, I know I'll go back and do more looking.

Michelle

• gardeningmary
    16 years ago

Just one word, (or is it two?): fabu-fabu!!!

Quite simply Deanne, you are amazing.

Mary

• the_shady_lady
    16 years ago

Deanne,

We met at SueÂs at the Open Days in September. I really donÂt know where to begin. IÂm speechless. The garden, the plants, the photography, all of it is amazing. I hope that one day I will get a chance to see your beautiful gardens in person. I have never seen a brug with that many blooms at one time. One word: incredible.

Virginia

• gldno1
    16 years ago

I have just finished all the albums and they are just breath-taking!

I have one question that kept popping into my head. How on earth do you water each of those pots; sprinkler, individually or what?

• deanneart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks so much everyone for your positive feedback. I really appreciate your taking the time to look at the photos.

Gldno1, I have to water all the pots by hand every day! The sprinklers don't get enough water in the pots, especially the larger ones, to do the job. Even a good soaking rainfall sometimes isn't enough. It takes one to two hours a day to do all the containers. I use the time to inspect each one as I'm watering it to see what needs pruning or deadheading which is my task after the watering.

Virginia, how nice to hear from you! I'd love for you and your friends to come up for a visit next summer. Doug and I love to share the gardens.

Michelle, I'd just love it if you and Rick could come East for a visit. Lots to see and do in this neck of the woods.

PM2, I really enjoyed reading all your comments. The Oriental lily without a name was from a bag of bulbs that came from Sam's Club and they didn't have a variety listed on the bag. That clump has been there a long time and is marvelous when it blooms along with the burgundy hemerocallis and astilbe. Sometimes the Rose of Sharon blooms while the lilies are still going and that combination is quite nice. ~~ RE the Malabar topiary, yes I did grow that one myself also. I started that plant from a plant from Rosy Dawn Gardens two years ago. ~~ That chartreuse Helichrysum is 'Limelight'. Quite a beautiful variety. ~~ The trees you see beyond the Hemlock hedge are on my neighbor's property but it really does add depth to the view. ~~ I told Luke you thought him handsome and he said 'But of course'. LOL

Thanks again all
    Deanne

• triple_creek
    16 years ago

Deanne, I just viewed your gardens and I am awed. I wish I had high speed so I could view it often.
    I love the close ups of your fuchias. They look like little ballerinas. Your collection is something else.
    And the coleus combos are stunning too. Your whole garden is breathtaking. You just combine everything so well. You are truly an artist. Keep on gardening! Norma

• deanneart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Norma!!! So happy you were able to 'visit'. I'm getting so anxious to get the season started here and we are supposed to get more snow today and tomorrow! Maybe I'll take another look at the '07 pics. LOL

Deanne

• Lara Noles
    16 years ago

Now how did I miss these before??? Just the perfect thing to immerse myself in on this extra day of winter they snuck in on us. These are all really beautiful Deanne. You're amazing and SO inspiring! Thanks!

Eden

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    16 years ago

Deanne...Just noticed your response. [g] Thanks for the name of that Helichrysum, hope you don't mind if I try to create my own 'yellow' container this summer inspired by yours?! As for Luke, please let him know he has every reason to be so confident...lol...and I would love it if you would post more photos of Luke on the Idyll thread. :-)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm