Happy Birthday Taryn

deanne2006
18 years ago

{{gwi:147120}}

Comments (21)

• gardeningangel_z6
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

HAPPY Birthday Taryn . May you have many more !

{{gwi:147340}}

• just_t
    18 years ago

{{gwi:147341}}

Hope you have a wonderful day!

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

{{gwi:147343}}

• jerri2105
    18 years ago

{{gwi:147346}}

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Taryn! Hope your day is wonderful...

{{gwi:147347}}

Eden

• babs_clare
    18 years ago

{{gwi:147349}}

• wendy2
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Taryn!

{{gwi:147350}}

• martieinct
    18 years ago

Taryn:

Happy, happy birthday. Pics forthcoming....

Martie

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    18 years ago

{{gwi:147351}}

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

~Happy Birthday Taryn~

{{gwi:146719}}

• taryn
    18 years ago

Thank you everyone for the lovely, furry, and funny cards! And Mary too if you can read this (she can't log on) I got your lovely note via email. And jain's, which she said I could share here. And Marie on the other thread--thank you all!

Had a lazy day, slept in, then went for a real haircut as opposed to the usual $10.95 special. Asked her to make me look like Eva Longoria, lol, in my dreams. She was good for my sagging ego anyway, telling me I look like Sienna Miller. Again, in my dreams, lol, she's blonde and about two decades younger.

Had a blast at Moose Winooski's for dinner with the boys and Glenn. They are famous for oversized everything, and also for the whip cream pie in the face for the birthday folks. Well, there was no way I was doing that, but I wore the moose ears and spun the wheel, which landed on 'moosecall'. So Glenn had to make like a moose and do his best moosecall. At the last minute two oversized Bloody Caesars kicked in and I told the waitress I'd take the pie, but she'd better bring a 2nd one and get Glenn good. Much fun!

Guys are calling me now as we're starting Monopoly, so gots to go. Thanks again everyone!

Taryn

jain's emailed furball birthday card:

{{gwi:147352}}

{{gwi:147353}}

{{gwi:147354}}

{{gwi:147355}}

{{gwi:147356}}

{{gwi:147357}}

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:147339}}

• Full_Bloom
    18 years ago

{{gwi:147358}}

Dear Taryn...I'm sorry it's past midnight and I wanted to get this to you on your birthday! Anyway, just wanted to wish a very special person a wonderful birthday! You are such a joy to know and I wish you all the best. I hope every day will always be filled with little miracles that make you smile! P.S. You are *every bit* as beautiful now as you were at 20! :-) P.P.S. I tried to email you this birthday card, but GW doesn't seem to offer that option anymore?!? Ei

Will end this with my favorite song with special wishes to you~

What a Wonderful World
    Louis Armstrong

I see trees of green, red roses too
    I see them bloom for me and you
    And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
    The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
    And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
    Are also on the faces of people going by
    I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
    They're really saying I love you.

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
    They'll learn much more than I'll never know
    And I think to myself what a wonderful world
    Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world.

• jain
    18 years ago

thata girl, you took it like a man, well umm wait, you made him man take it like a woman! wait a HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOMAN! looks like you had a TERRIFIC fun bday out!

• janie_on
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Taryn!!
    {{gwi:147359}}

Looks like you guys had a riot!

• gardeningmary
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Taryn - I wanted a picture that was as warm and vibrant as you are!! Looks like you had a blast!

{{gwi:147360}}

very best wishes,
    Mary

• chloehoover
    18 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday, Taryn!

{{gwi:147361}}

• taryn
    18 years ago

Hello my dear Idyllers! More lovely sentiments and eye-candy to wake up to today, what a treat! Thank you so much!
    Devin cleaned up at Monopoly, and my lovely neighbor Dianne came over bearing a gift for me, then Glenn and I watched War of the Worlds on the dish. All in all a very pleasant birthday.

Ei, that's not me at 20, that's Sienna Miller!! My 20 something hairdresser was trying to tell me yesterday I look like her! I've been 20, but never been blonde, though have my moments. ;)Between my hairdresser, Glenn and you guys my ego is getting a much needed boost, thank you all! I also adore It's a Wonderful World, perfect choice of birthday tunage!

jain SO GREAT to see you here! Hope it continues!

Mary so glad you got back in to GW, and thank you for the lovely card and compliments. What a pain in the bum for you trying to get back here, but so glad you perservered.

Speaking of bums, Babs I'd recognize Eden's front yard and several of those bums including my own (no guessing!)anywhere, lol, but how did you do that???? Can you crop mine a bit smaller? LOL!

Janie, yes it WAS a riot! 'The Moose' as it's known locally is across from Toyota and always packed! We had to wait an hour and 15 minutes for a table, but kids loved it because it meant they could play in the arcade that's across the lobby, while Glenn and I sat at the bar enjoying a drink and watching the electronic poker matches and football, while munching on fresh peanuts, then tossing the shells on the floor in true Moose tradition. They give you a pager that vibrates and flashes when your table is ready, which the boys thought was really neat.

At the tables there is brown craft paper and crayons for the kids, plus the kids menu has a mini colouring book they can colour. Portions are HUGE and really, really good, and not expensive. There is another Moose Winooski's in Brantford, not far from where Janie lives and 25 minutes from where we'll live if we get the house we're trying to buy. I said to Glenn yesterday if my back would take it I'd love to either bartend or waitress there part-time, which I did all through university. It would be a lot of fun to work there, plus being packed all the time the tips would be great too.

Speaking of buying a house, that would be the best birthday gift of all. The sellers just dropped their asking price by 15 grand and I know it won't be long before another offer comes in. They are willing to take back the mortgage, but we are not willing to end up in their position carrying two houses. So have to hope my Ebay psychic was right and we sell this place close to my birthday.

Well gots to go. Extreme Home Makeover, then Desperate Housewives, then Grey's Anatomy is on, my once a week TV night. Can compare haircuts with Eva's, lol! Thank you again everyone for the lovely birthday cards and sentiments.
    Here's a few more from last night.

Taryn

{{gwi:147363}}

{{gwi:147364}}

{{gwi:147365}}

{{gwi:146829}}

{{gwi:147366}}

{{gwi:147367}}

Here is a link that might be useful: the moose

• taryn
    18 years ago

Cindy thank you, that is lovely! We must have been posting at the same time. And happy belated birthday to YOU too! With all the goings-on around here the birthday police must have missed it, so sorry! I'm borrowing a view of Monique's lovely garden from day 1 of Idyllunion II last July...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CINDY!

{{gwi:147368}}

Back to couch potato mode...

• Monique z6a CT
    18 years ago

Sorry I'm a day late. Sounds like you had an enjoyable day Sienna :o)

{{gwi:147369}}

• babs_clare
    18 years ago

Wow what a fun bday partay with the pie in the face...!
    Looks like you celebrated very well,Taryn: ) Any good movies that night? lolol.

Do you like my IU2 rendering of the bum squad?lolol. I just did that in photoshop with the effects button-it's called 'stamp'. It took hours to do but you're worth it: )[does everybody hate me for slapping up that one?: )]
    Wow lots of bdays in January-great cards though,everybody.

~BAbs

• taryn
    18 years ago

Monique, thank you! That's lovely! I'll save the cupcakes for the boys after all those Moose calories, lol...

Sienna, harharhar! To quote Jim Croce, "If I could save time in a bottle" and go back 20 years and throw in a bottle of blonde L'Oreal, yeah well perhaps a resemblance. Someone once told me I looked like Janice Joplin. I love her music, but think I'd rather be compared to Sienna, hehehe!

Babs, after all that excitement we watched the movie War of the Worlds, no energy required. Not his best pic but Tom Cruise is still cute! ;)

Wow hours to change our bums? LOL, I'm flattered! Don't think anybody will hate you as long as you don't say who's is who's lol. "Stamp" makes for good camouflage for the excess! I could stamp out more than the rear right about now...

Fun birthday and lovely cards everyone! Thanks a bunch!

Taryn

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County