Here is a link that might be useful: Maine Botanical Garden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IU VI - more links

And here's a link to Downeast

Here is a link that might be useful: The Magazine of Maine

o
RE: IU VI - For Year 2009!

Garden Conservancy has posted a tentative listing for open days 09 that includes York and Hancock County. Pretty convenient if the dates pan out.
I of course would love to see any fellow Idyllers gardens
'in person' that are situated within a reasonable distance!

I'm excited !

Kathy in Napa

Here is a link that might be useful: Open Days 09

o

Another option re: Chelones post over on Saucys 'typo' thread,:-) to make Boothbay area a 'second stop', i.e. get a room there and see a couple other gardens in the area -assuming there are others to be seen of course....

o

Luckily I had my photos of the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens on my internal hard drive so I could actually view and modify them unlike my external HD where I download my garden photos now (which is a very slow connection).

Anyway, I posted some pictures on my Picturetrail site. The BG is relatively new, but we visited in September 2007 so the plantings will be 2 years older by this coming summer. I was impressed by the stonework and the amount of sculpture in the garden and on the walking trails through the woods. Nice caf also. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens-picturetrail

o

Monique, I could deal with that quite easily!!!

o

That definitely has a 'down east' feel to it! I love the stone rose and that braided stone bit. Thanks for posting the link to those pictures.

o

Monique, thanks for the great pictures (esp. Les baying along with the crowd, lol). I've seen a few spots about the botanical gardens on local news programs and what I've seen is really terrific.

I think it would be a fun place to visit and well worth the "drive time" required.

o

That botanic gahden is lovely -- it would be intriguing to see what it looks like 2 years later. Thanks for taking the time to post those photos, Monique, to wet our whistle, as tho we needed any encouragement, LOL..... I like the pic of the Zen master doing his thing among the larches(?)...

-cindy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here