Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Family Time 2

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 5, 09 at 12:46

A Christmas fundraiser took place for The Reed, a renovation of a family stage and a playground at The North Country Fair. There was lots of song, energy, food, etc. The press was a bit annoying, but we survived.
Nettie Spaghetti performed her wonderful stuff and other singers did as well. Here is some of the loot she brought along:

And here's Nettie!

DD & SS

DD attended the kids portion but stayed home for the evening event.

And so Christmas at last, on the 28th. So here are the recipients of the laser guns! OYYYY! There were plenty of other wonderful delights for everyone.

2008 came to a close. Here are some highlights:
An award for Skyler, to be passed on one day. He survived a LENGTHY trek with no whining and also encountered a grizzly!

Indy was lost for 3-4 days this year and then FOUND! What a relief for all.

A great trip to Peru with treasures brought home for baby:

There was of course the family Christmas puzzle time too:

New Year's Eve was a sleepy time for most, but we managed some mistletoe photos later on.

Later there were short films to watch (great ones!)

It was minus 30C (about -22F)on the deck, but sunny with fluffy snow.

DSIL and DD set to work on their project, insulation of their sunroom.

And next Christmas, who will be wearing this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Family Time 2

GB I loved looking at your holiday photos. I cannot imagine how difficult this time is for your family. It looks like this holiday time together was good for everyone.

(((Bug)))

Jerri

o

Marie, I am enjoying all your holiday pictures too. I am hoping and praying that this year will be filled with happiness for all of your family.

o

Another wonderful series of photos Marie! Thanks for sharing these,
Deanne

o

Those Peruvian sweaters are beautiful! Great picture of Skyler and Indy. I echo Marian's wish for much happieness for all your family in 2009 - and the future in general.

o

Great photos - but what did the bunch of nuts find in that box?!?

o

LOL, V! I wondered the same thing! I enjoyed how some people in the drawing look perfectly fine, until you check out their ears or feet!

If looks count for anything, you all certainly look happy and healthy! I wish a wonderful 2009 for you and your family, too, GB.

Skylar's growing up! I was so happy to see the Golden Shoe Award.

Saucy

o

Love the action shots of Skylar. And you do need to tell us if there were nuts in that box, or....? I really enjoyed your DSIL's caricatures - he's good!

o

Great to see the final results of the Golden Shoe Award -- you share such warm and fuzzies re your family, 'bug - thanks so much == you're a great story teller.

--cindy

o

What a fun winter trip! You all look like you managed to squeeze some fun out of the holiday. Loved the puzzle photo, you all look so engrossed. Have to try to get that puzzle out on the DR table next time we all get together. The sweetest little Moose outfit! Gardenbug, have you started thinking of any names yet? Love Sklyer with his arm around DD's shoulders. Wishing for everything wonderful for all of you in 2009!

o

Great pictures 'bug! It looks like a lot was squeezed into your trip. As I have now experienced, I'm sure it wasn't easy to leave. Your DD is glowing and I'm amazed how much her hair has grown. The baby clothes are unique and adorable.

Michelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here