Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

The Nana Thread

gardenbug
13 years ago

Come one, Come all and join in.

Ivy likes to go outside when DSIL shovels snow. They had a big dump yesterday, and they played a little. New words: Snow, Mitts (among others).

{{gwi:148020}}

{{gwi:148021}}

{{gwi:148022}}

{{gwi:148023}}

{{gwi:148024}}

Comments (31)

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

Shucks, she's cute ! But you can have that weather !

• Lara Noles
    13 years ago

What a great time they're having! I love Ivy's rosy cheeks. Looks like she's no worse for wear from the accident. Thank goodness for that! I agree with Kathy, I don't envy them the snow. Thanks for starting this thread Marie. Busy day today and I'm beat but I'll try to add a couple photos tomorrow.

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

Mr Toddler
    {{gwi:148027}}From Family

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I recognize the attire Mr T is wearing: shirt + underwear! What a handsome blond dude!

• Lara Noles
    13 years ago

Kathy, what a cute little California dude! I love it when you share pictures of Mr. Toddler.

Jennifer painted Kate's nails for the first time.

{{gwi:148030}}

Kate loved them!

{{gwi:148032}}

Wally's very into clapping this week. I think he looks like he's singing Kumbaya.
    {{gwi:148033}}

Another milestone happened yesterday. Julia rolled over for the first time. I don't have a picture of that....yet. :)

Eden

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Love Kate jumping on the couch. This is such a fantastic age!

Leo has started enjoying his Jolly Jumper, but he doesn't roll over yet.

Don't you love Wally's little hands though? Ivy has the book about "When you're Happy and You Know it Clap your Hands..."

• Lara Noles
    13 years ago

Marie, Kate didn't like the Jolly Jumper at all. Wally loves it! He also got a walker for Christmas and goes all over the house with it. He can even back it up, lol. I think Julia rolling over may have been a fluke. She's only two months old today so still kind of young for that really.

• Lara Noles
    13 years ago

Here's Isabella at ballet class this afternoon, trying on part of what will be her recital costume in the spring. I'm titling this photo "The Hat".

{{gwi:148034}}

• chelone
    13 years ago

I still want a jolly jumper.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Cute girl in a cute costume!She looks great in basic black.

Here you go Chelone!
    {{gwi:148035}}

And this shows that it isn't only boys who have long eyelashes.
    {{gwi:148036}}

• drema_dianne
    13 years ago

All the pictures are soooo cute! I'll have to see if I can put some in Photobucket sometime today.

• michelle_zone4
    13 years ago

What a great thread. Bella's costume is adorable - classic tap costume. Leo is getting so big and can't be called "skinny" any longer. Wally looks so much like grandpa and I love Kate's fingernails and I bet she did too. How great to see Aiden! We don't see enough of him. Ivy does indeed have lovely long lashes. Perfect to bat at the boys. Here are a few of mine. First is Morgan 3 who was quite excited about her Christmas gift of pj's. Kenzie got a beauty shop chair for her dolls complete with a blow dryer, play scissors, brush and rollers. Finally Rick's son, DIL and Charlie.
    {{gwi:148038}}

{{gwi:148039}}

{{gwi:148040}}

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I love the froggie PJs, Kenzie's concentration on the project at hand, and Morgan's family shot. What a beautiful Mom he has!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    13 years ago

Fabulous photos of all the beautiful grandbabies! They are all, growing up so fast!

Chelone got in first with my comment-ha. I had the 1950s version when I was a wee one and apparently loved it. Might be just what we need now to relax and exercise at the same time!

I am off to call DS and ask why I have no such pictures to post! Not sure the pup really counts. Teehee.

• Lara Noles
    13 years ago

Back after a weekend of all things Isabella. I see we have even more photos of beeeeautiful grandchildren. Leo looks like he's quite the jumper and Ivy's long lashes are so pretty. And there's our sweet Kenzie. She looks like she loves her "beauty parlor". What a cutie that Morgan is with her rosy cheeks and I love the photo of little Charlie with mommy and daddy. I do believe Idyllers have the most beautiful of grandchildren.

Bella came over Saturday afternoon and we spent the rest of the afternoon/evening reading and playing games. Sunday morning Papa was home and she got to spend some time with him while I made breakfast.

Reading

{{gwi:148042}}

Drawing Lesson

{{gwi:148043}}

Then we made a trip to the toy store and the book store in the afternoon.

Sunday night we had fun setting up our "movie theater" and then watching a movie. I'm linking to the pictures of that.

She spent one more night last night since there was no school today due to MLK day. Meg picked her up this morning. Here she is working on a puzzle waiting for her mom to get here.

{{gwi:148044}}

It was a really nice weekend.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bella's Movie Theater

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I don't recall Grandpa wearing glasses before...but what a fine involved role he plays! :)

Here is Ivy reading to Leo...what a scene! I love it.

{{gwi:148045}}

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's a gimmick for any Grandmas out there:

This year we will experience 4 unusual dates.... 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11 ......... NOW go figure this out.... Take the last 2 digits of the year you were born plus the age you will be this year and it WILL EQUAL .... 111!

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

{{gwi:148046}}

• Lara Noles
    13 years ago

Snowy here and I'm in for the day and just puttering around so I decided to pull out some tea things and arrange them. I thought maybe some of the other "tea party nanas" would enjoy seeing what we use to play tea party at our house?

This shelf is in a hallway so kind of difficult to take photos of. I did my best. In the first picture, the undestructables (plastics and tin) on the bottom shelf, then a couple shelves of child sized tea sets next. The top shelves are tea cups I inhereted from my grandma and a couple from Brad's grandma. On the top just a few misc. tea items to round things out.

{{gwi:148049}}

Thank you Fisher Price for making toddler friendly tea sets. Just Kate's style right now!

{{gwi:148050}}

And a musical set

{{gwi:148051}}

I got this little tin Curious George tea set with Wally in mind. I'm sure the girls will make him play and at least it's a little "manly", lol.

{{gwi:148052}}

Madeline and Polka Dots

{{gwi:148053}}

Bees and Ladybugs

{{gwi:148054}}

Tea bags and sugar cubes (I love these)

{{gwi:148055}}

Alice In Wonderland

{{gwi:148056}}

Kittens Who Lost Their Mittens

{{gwi:148057}}

Pansies

{{gwi:148059}}

And now on to some Valentine decorating. Bella's spending the weekend :)

Eden

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was looking at tea sets a couple of days ago - in preparation for THE VISIT. I have a fine china set for children, but I don't think she's ready yet. We'll see. At one store they carry a very "green" set, meaning very safe and environmentally wise. It was cute, but the teapot was pink and DD would die if I inflicted that on Ivy. Another was by "Melissa & Doug", a good brand. I decided to just wait. I know she enjoys pouring water back and forth, and I have plastic cups for that. I stocked up on paper and markers (washable) as well as a wooden hammer and pegs. We have DS's old rocker, puzzles, toy cars and other stuff, so I'm sure time will fly!

I always loved miniature things and things with lids to open. Your collection would have suited me to a T. (pun intended!) Sugar cubes were a big thing back then too.

• Lara Noles
    13 years ago

Marie, sounds like you're all set for the big visit. I bet you're very excited. I really like the Melissa and Doug toys. We have quite a bit of M&D play food and I like their puzzles with the big knobs for little ones to hold onto the pieces. They carry a very cute play sushi set that's my favorite. Wouldn't it be interesting if Ivy turns out to be girly girl and her favorite color is pink, lol? Pink was Jennifer's favorite color. Megan went for purple and Bella likes red. You just never know...:)

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ivy is doing a real number on her Mom. :)
    She loves clothes, baby dolls, dancing, flirting.....

She also does a number on Skyler. He hates food, the outdoors, puzzles, drawing etc...but she LOVES all those and so now he is learning to at least LIKE them too. Hahahaha

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

Eden, my DS is really into tea, but in kind of a zen-esque way. He mail orders really expensive stuff and has lengthy preparation techniques, including cold infusion. Maybe Wally will need the serious stuff too! DS id sort of a Tea Building Contractor, lol.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've been enjoying Ivy's art work lately. She's in a lines & circles period and works on any paper she finds. So here's an example (which may be upside down, I'm not sure...):
    {{gwi:148061}}

But this one made me pause because it was on a paper of her brother's. The background is covered with lines saying "I will keep my head out of Ivy's car seat because it disturbs her and it invades her space." Oh my....
    {{gwi:148063}}

• Lara Noles
    13 years ago

If I look hard enough in the first one I see legs,arms, a head. And number two looks like two very large eyes. I see talent there! I love children's artwork. My refrigerator door is an always evolving art gallery.

• Lara Noles
    13 years ago

Kathy, I drink an occasional cup of tea, not as fond of it as wine, lol. I have some blooming teas from China that are kind of cool to look at while they're brewing in their clear glass pot. I never knew there was so much involved for a serious tea drinker like your son. Quite interesting! I'd like to taste a cup of the good stuff sometime.

• triple_creek
    13 years ago

Eden, I love the tea sets display. I'm thinking about the dusting that goes on at your house though. A task I dispise. Hence the lack of many collectables here.

Bug, I see a figure wearing a garden hat in the middle of Ivy's drawing, a flower in the upper right corner and ballet dancer legs on the left. LOL . I love the glimpes of all the Idyll grandkids. They are a fun bunch .

Cindy we need to see Isla again too.

• michelle_zone4
    13 years ago

Eden, what a wonderful collection you have! I'm sure the girls love deciding which one to use.

'bug, I love Ivy's drawing on Skylar's writing. Ivy may just teach her brother a thing or two.

I think I may have to look for a child's tea set. I gave Kenzie some FP sets but don't really have anything here. We used my pot and regular cups when we've done our garden tea parties.

Michelle

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ivy in pigtails with Leo.
    {{gwi:148064}}

DD sent Ivy's first drawing of a face:
    "...with absolutely no help or prompting.

We were finishing dinner and Ivy had some paper and markers on the table and she drew a circle and was putting some dots on and she said "eyes", then "ears", then "hair", then "mouth". And then we grabbed it away from her to take a photo before she scribbled all over it!"
    {{gwi:148065}}

• Lara Noles
    13 years ago

What a cute profile Little Miss has! Those tiny pigtails are so cute on her. I think that's Leo's portrait she was working on. Definitely it's art worthy of refrigerator door display. I have a few new Nana pics too that I'll throw up later if I have time.

Eden

• Lara Noles
    13 years ago

These are from today. Kate's taking a few classes this semester and the first photo is of her making valentines for her classmates.

{{gwi:148066}}

Sister and brother playtime

{{gwi:148067}}

And this is "Oh NO, where'd everyone go?" Wally does NOT like to be left alone, lol.

{{gwi:148068}}

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks