Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

Ivy and her Grandfather

gardenbug
14 years ago

Sitting, crawling, standing and...playing guitar!

Ms Ivy was fascinated by her grandfather's guitar and I managed to catch the scene. He was playing and singing "One Man Went to Mow".

{{gwi:148338}}

{{gwi:148339}}

{{gwi:148340}}

{{gwi:148341}}

{{gwi:148342}}

{{gwi:148343}}

{{gwi:148344}}

{{gwi:148345}}

{{gwi:148346}}

{{gwi:148347}}

{{gwi:148349}}

{{gwi:148350}}

Here's our version of the song:

one man went to mow, went to mow a meadow

one man and his dog and a bottle of pop

POP (I make this sound with my mouth and my index finger!)

went to mow a meadow

two men went to mow, went to mow a meadow

two men,

POP

went to mow a meadow

three men went to mow, went to mow a meadow

three men, two men,

POP

went to mow a meadow

etc...up to ten men.

Comments (16)

• triple_creek
    14 years ago

Priceless! Ivy and grampa.
    She looks so petite in theses pics.

Bug I was wondering if Skylars hearing is sufficent for the guitar and lessons he recieved?

Norma

• veronicastrum
    14 years ago

What a great series! You can just see the wheels turning in her mind as she tries to figure out the guitar.

V.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    14 years ago

She sure does look like a well-loved baby! Big grin here.

• dodgerdudette
    14 years ago

So sweet Marie, even I liked them, lol. Bet Chelone will too !

• candy_j
    14 years ago

That sequence is just precious! I love how she's gazing up at Grandpa in the 9th picture but, of course, she's adorable in every single one :-)

• Lara Noles
    14 years ago

Aw, so sweet! Moments like these are the special ones that life's all about. I love the expressions on both of their faces. Totally something Brad would do with our grandbabies too. Sarah must be using cloth diapers? Isn't that a diaper cover Ivy's wearing? I used cloth diapers with my babies. Back then they only had the classic ugly plastic pants for covers though. Ivy's is much cuter! She's such a sweet little thing and looks to be a very busy girl:)

• chelone
    14 years ago

That sticky little brat sure can "rock on", huh? I sure as hell hope he didn't waste his time and her ears on any of the Barney purple dinosaur crap!

:)

• Lara Noles
    14 years ago

LOL Chelone...Barney? I hadn't thought about him for years. I always steered clear of him too. I don't think he's around anymore. He was very creepy!

• chelone
    14 years ago

Barney was creepy, all right. But I have to admit I could kinda get into the Teletubby groove every so often... ;) 'gain, 'gain!

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I gather I haven't missed much by not knowing who creepy Barney/Teletubby is/was/were....

I did learn about Harry Potter though while I was away. ;)

• michelle_zone4
    14 years ago

What a great series. I would say she's a budding musician. She looks like such a little peanut to be standing already.
    I have to say my DD loved Barney and the "I Love You" song was sang quite a lot at out house.

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    14 years ago

What a beautiful baby, Marie. So happy for you and your family.

Sue

• jak1
    14 years ago

Hey Marie, what a wonderful series of photos! Real keepers. I mentioned this in passing and TCS immediately started singing the "I love you, You love me" Barney thing and now I can't get rid of it. Sheesh. Thankful that those days are gone....but have you seen/heard SpongeBob? With the starfish friend Patrick and the snail friend Gary? Oh dear.

Maybe Ivy will change the world of music for kids.....

Cheers all,

Julie

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fortunately I have managed to avoid SpongeBob.... :)

Eden, Ivy wore fitted cloth diapers, with covers over the holidays because she was teething and, well, unpredictable. She usually is put on the toilet, but that doesn't work well when she is sick or traveling. When it works though, it is great! You are right about the diapers being different these days. I used the flat rectangles (mind you that was almost 40 years ago) and they were fantastic dust cloths afterwards! I guess you can't even find them these days. Not that I dust very often, LOL!

• drema_dianne
    14 years ago

Bug, how fun to see Ivy grooving with her grandpa! I can tell you had so much fun on your trip. Some of the best memories I have as a child is when my family all sat around together and sang, my dad and all of his brothers played music. My dad played the mountain dulcimer, guitar, mandolin, Hawaiian guitar. I still have his dulcimer, made by my grandfather from an old dynamite box. I of course am tone deaf, and can't carry a tune, but as a kid, I loved it.

D.

• denisez10
    14 years ago

Does Ivy know how to turn grandfather's head or what? I wonder who gets a wee guitar as soon as she's able to hold one? The last pics look like she's correcting his finger placement, lol. Utterly charming, 'bug.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES