Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ivy and her Grandfather

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 4, 10 at 19:10

Sitting, crawling, standing and...playing guitar!

Ms Ivy was fascinated by her grandfather's guitar and I managed to catch the scene. He was playing and singing "One Man Went to Mow".

Here's our version of the song:

one man went to mow, went to mow a meadow
one man and his dog and a bottle of pop
POP (I make this sound with my mouth and my index finger!)
went to mow a meadow

two men went to mow, went to mow a meadow
two men,
POP
went to mow a meadow

three men went to mow, went to mow a meadow
three men, two men,
POP
went to mow a meadow

etc...up to ten men.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ivy and her Grandfather

Priceless! Ivy and grampa.
She looks so petite in theses pics.

Bug I was wondering if Skylars hearing is sufficent for the guitar and lessons he recieved?

Norma

o

What a great series! You can just see the wheels turning in her mind as she tries to figure out the guitar.

V.

o

She sure does look like a well-loved baby! Big grin here.

o

So sweet Marie, even I liked them, lol. Bet Chelone will too !

o

That sequence is just precious! I love how she's gazing up at Grandpa in the 9th picture but, of course, she's adorable in every single one :-)

o

Aw, so sweet! Moments like these are the special ones that life's all about. I love the expressions on both of their faces. Totally something Brad would do with our grandbabies too. Sarah must be using cloth diapers? Isn't that a diaper cover Ivy's wearing? I used cloth diapers with my babies. Back then they only had the classic ugly plastic pants for covers though. Ivy's is much cuter! She's such a sweet little thing and looks to be a very busy girl:)

o

That sticky little brat sure can "rock on", huh? I sure as hell hope he didn't waste his time and her ears on any of the Barney purple dinosaur crap!

:)

o

LOL Chelone...Barney? I hadn't thought about him for years. I always steered clear of him too. I don't think he's around anymore. He was very creepy!

o
RE: Creepy

Barney was creepy, all right. But I have to admit I could kinda get into the Teletubby groove every so often... ;) 'gain, 'gain!

o

I gather I haven't missed much by not knowing who creepy Barney/Teletubby is/was/were....

I did learn about Harry Potter though while I was away. ;)

o

What a great series. I would say she's a budding musician. She looks like such a little peanut to be standing already.
I have to say my DD loved Barney and the "I Love You" song was sang quite a lot at out house.

o

What a beautiful baby, Marie. So happy for you and your family.

Sue

o

• Posted by jak1 4 Ontario Can (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 8, 10 at 14:48

Hey Marie, what a wonderful series of photos! Real keepers. I mentioned this in passing and TCS immediately started singing the "I love you, You love me" Barney thing and now I can't get rid of it. Sheesh. Thankful that those days are gone....but have you seen/heard SpongeBob? With the starfish friend Patrick and the snail friend Gary? Oh dear.

Maybe Ivy will change the world of music for kids.....

Cheers all,

Julie

o

Fortunately I have managed to avoid SpongeBob.... :)

Eden, Ivy wore fitted cloth diapers, with covers over the holidays because she was teething and, well, unpredictable. She usually is put on the toilet, but that doesn't work well when she is sick or traveling. When it works though, it is great! You are right about the diapers being different these days. I used the flat rectangles (mind you that was almost 40 years ago) and they were fantastic dust cloths afterwards! I guess you can't even find them these days. Not that I dust very often, LOL!

o

Bug, how fun to see Ivy grooving with her grandpa! I can tell you had so much fun on your trip. Some of the best memories I have as a child is when my family all sat around together and sang, my dad and all of his brothers played music. My dad played the mountain dulcimer, guitar, mandolin, Hawaiian guitar. I still have his dulcimer, made by my grandfather from an old dynamite box. I of course am tone deaf, and can't carry a tune, but as a kid, I loved it.

D.

o

Does Ivy know how to turn grandfather's head or what? I wonder who gets a wee guitar as soon as she's able to hold one? The last pics look like she's correcting his finger placement, lol. Utterly charming, 'bug.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here