250 Idylls (More or less)

Sue W (CT zone 6a)
18 years ago

Carry on...

Comments (105)

• janie_on
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

((((((Honey)))))) Thinking good thoughts for you and your sweet Bullet.

Just trying to catch up on my reading!!

• Woody_Canada
    18 years ago

((Honey)) - I really enjoyed the Bullet story from a few days ago and hope he hangs in for a while longer for you. We lost our Baby Oui - our last cat - to kidney failure. It's such a tough thing to watch happen.

T - those elk pictures always remind me of my SIL and Banff where the elk wander through the town. Japanese tourists, in particular, like to take their photos and occasionally endanger themselves!

I have posted a suggestion on The GF site suggesting they allow for conversations like these and GB chimed in to second the suggestion. It might be useful for a few others to suggest it too as it does seem to be a fairly easy to use place as an alternative if need-be.

Re pictures - I've started to make sure that when I upload a picture to an album on Picturetrail, I click the box that activates preventing right-clicking on pictures to copy them. I'm not sure how much protection it really gives but at least I'm trying... Here's a picture of Misty in one of her favorite poses - she is so cat-like at times....
    {{gwi:148439}}

I think I mentioned previously that I was concerned re the garden tour and having to label plants because I hate the 'mouse graveyard' look of white labels. In reading a book by Beth Chatto, I noticed she mentioned that she uses black labels in her Chelsea display gardens because they are less visible. So I went searching for some. The only ones I could find were on English sites so I ordered some last week, with silver pens for writing on them. They came today and here is what one looks like stuck in a (rather sad-looking!) pot on the kitchen windowsill. Black definitely is the way to go for labelling I think!
    {{gwi:148440}}

• gardeningmary
    18 years ago

Good evening

Bullet - we're still thinking of you. Hope you can get comfy tonight.

Woody - the black labels are very stylish. I love the Misty shot.

I too will keep on posting here so let me know if a departure is afoot. There is no way I have time for more than one forum - I enjoy this one too much to consider leaving unless I'm the only one left. I hope the new terms do not drive others away. I still struggle with iVillage's right to make money off photos though mine are very unlikely to bring anyone revenue. DH has been dealing a lot with this issue in his professional work and recommends everyone using the lowest res. to prevent theft or others profiting.

Supper calls - its rice and beans tonight.

Mary

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Honey, when Zak was in renal failure he responded best to a day at the vet on IVs. We did do the subqs at home too. I also used to give him a phosphorous absorber before meals (amphogel I think it was called-hard to find) and did home cooked food of easily digested proteins like poached fish, chicken and eggs. Unfortunately for him, his symptoms didn't start to show until he only had 20% kidney function left so our options were limited. Hopefully Bullet will respond to treatment and be around to wake you up for many weekend mornings to come. You do you I'm thinking about you tonight. (((Honey)))

Cindy, I still think you should be OK with the Indigofera. As far as Cimicifuga goes, I have a gorgeous specimen of 'Brunette' and a 'Hillside Black Beauty' that struggles. Cool, reasonably moist soil may be the key here. In your area I would go with afternoon shade too.

Eden I think I'll hold out for a Little Honey that I can see. These teeny pots of shrubs aren't encouraging-especially when a plant is of questionable vigor. I have quite a few Hydrangea quercifolia varieties here now and all do quite well so I'm hoping this one will too-provided I can get one.

Wendy, toss the pot roast in a slow cooker with vegetables. I think my mom used to make them in those oven bags with carrots, potatos, onions and cream of mushroom soup. It was always yummy.

It's been weeks since I've had trouble signing in here or have seen any sort of ad. I wonder why some people have these issues and some don't.

Aw, Misty, you're so cute. My mutts were supposed to have spa night last night but my groomer rescheduled them to next Tuesday. Too much longer and I'll be able to mop the floor with them.

I prefer the black labels. At one time I tried the copper variety that you imprinted and they looked OK but didn't hold up to the weather very well. Unfortunately I've lost track of a few things-mostly hosta. I have a list of all the varieties I have but am not quite sure where they all are anymore.

More pesky snow tonight. Hopefully I won't slide to work again tomorrow.

Sue

• chloehoover
    18 years ago

Woody- your Misty has assumed one of the favorite positions of all dogs -- usually looking for that "tummy rub" right? Made me laugh when I saw it. And I have to tell you the black labels reminded me of a "post" I saw Helen Dillon make in this month's issue of "English Gardens" -- a short column she runs there now -- it mentioned that during this slow time of the year, she usually works on painting all her bamboo stalks black !!!! so they disappear into the blackground -- the woman or her helpers have too much time on their hands -- or that's a bit too "detail" minded for me!! Can you imagine - painting your bamboo (& finding the time to do it)? Does that qualify as "faux fargesia nigra" do you think? LOL
    I do like those labels -- but not enough to send away to England for.. Are they painted? how long will they hold that color I wonder? or anodized or something like cooking pots? But for your special event, I imagine they'd be worth it.

Thanks, Sue, for the cimcifuga advice - guess I'll have to pass on that one and try to find a substitute for the area I was thinking of - but Im gonna get the indigofera - it looks a neat little shrublette.

Mary, Im with you -- 1 forum is more than I can keep up with -- so I'll be sticking here until/unless it becomes a ghost "village". And I really have a hard time believing iVillage is gonna waste money & effort glombing onto photos here -- for what purpose...? So I do encourage people w/ the log-in probs to check w/ the webmeister (Tara i think her name is - on suggestions forum -- to get the problem worked out).

Here's hoping Bullet is improving. g'nite all.
    --Cindy

• Lily316
    18 years ago

Jan 24th is suppposed to be the most depressing day of the year according to Health magazine and it was for me. Walked in the middle of the afternoon w/ husband because we were having guests for dinner around the time we normally walk. As we returned down the alley, we ran into my good friend w/ her brown lab and her son and his dog. I made small talk as I came up to them and she said that this was a very sad day. I asked what happened and she said her husband just died a few hours ago. She's my age and lives in a similar house as mine on the other end of town.She is a avid gardener especially roses. I was just thrown by the news and hugged her. He had been battling colon cancer for a few years, but I thought all was going as well as could be expected. I've known them for 24 years and I am so incredibly sad for her since they were very close. They have three sons and thankfully one lives next door w/ his family. I am thankful for that
    Honey..So sorry to hear of Bullet's condition. Last March, my beautiful grey tiger Emma who was a rescued feral developed it over night and I mean over night. She was eating on Sat. and not on Sunday. I took her in on Monday and they kept her but on Wed. we put her to sleep because she had very little function left. First cat I ever had w/ that condition. Hopefully w/ Bullet you will be able to maintain him for awhile. Cats bring us so much joy and heartache as well....
    Deanne ..The company we had for dinner tonight do not like animals at all. The husbands carpooled years ago when we lived at the old house and my DD babysat their kids who are both married w/ kids now. As the two of them sat on the sofa, Izzy, the fattest cat in the world by now, took a flying leap and landed on the woman's lap. Not a good thing as Martha would say....Sylvia

• martieinct
    18 years ago

Good icy morning.

Everyone's down-in-the-dumps pets are sent good thoughts.

Deanne: I totally balked at paying Logees prices until I realized that they were the plants that did very best being grown on. Yes, $15 for a Hibiscus or Brug cutting in a 4" pot sounds like a lot, but they live! LOL I can't tell you how many indoor plants I've sent to the compost pile in my time and now look at it as $$$ wasted because I didn't hold out for the "best." As Cynthia, Veronica and Sue know even better than me, it all comes down to Return On Investment :-)

Am planning a trip back to Logee's in March to pick up long day length plants that I don't have the right conditions for, now -- some Passiflora in particular. Anyone want to join me for an INFORMAL trip? And, of course, lunch at the Vanilla Bean?

Someone a bit back was talking about shrubs in small pots. Was it Sue?????? Anyway, I have 12 ordered from Bluestone for a grand total of $73. In my case it absolutely works since we're not digging any new ground except for nursery space this year, and I don't know where they'll end up until after some more bones are in. Saving the money .... Callicarpia 'Profusion' was the winner with three starts ordered.

Wendy: Great idea to use the metal detector! I can just hear your kids saying "See, Dad!!!! It was Worth it."

Eden: Glad for your no-calamity day. Offer is still open to send you some Logee's stuff. Our retail person on Sunday said that if we came in and picked specific plants for out-of-state friends, they'd arrange to have them shipped by their 400-500 order/day staff who has a 98% success rate.

Sue: You've got Rich hooked on the idea of growing banannas. I envision a large stand taking over the back yard. Not one cell of "hold back" in that man :-)

Must run to water everything and then head to the hills. Hope the ice melts, though it is gorgeous on the trees. BTW: At exactly 5:48pm yesterday afternoon, the last vestige of sun could be seen driving home. YIPPEE!

Martie

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Good Morning, I'm very confused about what to do. Seems some people will keep posting here and others will be mostly posting at the other site. Wonder how that will all turn out? I don't know if I have time to keep up with both or even want to. At this point I'm used to the way things work here and this feels like "home" though I really like the other site too. I suppose it will all work out in the end.

Martie, I ordered quite a few sub-shrubs from Bluestone last year and they all grew really well. I've ordered small shrub pots from Klehms too in the past and have had no problem. I almost think they adapt better and grow much faster and have probably had more of the larger more expensive shrubs that I've bought locally up and die on me. Another added bonus is you can keep them pruned to a nice shape as they grow. Thanks for the Logees offer. I will definitely keep it in mind as I plan which new tropical goodies I want to try out this year.

I'm wondering how my banana is doing? I can't wait until spring to take off the covering and see if it lives.

Sylvia, sorry for your bad day yesterday and for your friend too. You asked a while back if I still have my squirrel and the answer is yes. Tim's still hanging around. He is much more self sufficient this winter than last though and sometimes we don't see him for days at a time. Guess he just grew up, he'll be 3 come summer.

Woody, I like the black labels too. I'm always trying to figure out a way to label my plants without them being so noticeable. I've used the white t labels like your black ones in the past and the trouble I had with them was that the tops snap off easily if you or the dogs happen to step on them. I've went to using the heavy duty 6" straight white plastic stick ones (wish they came in black) with a laminated label made on my Brother p-touch label maker. I can stick those further into the ground and then pull them up if I need to see what they say and they don't stand out so much that way. And the laminated label stays looking like new for years. I was really lax on my labeling last year and fear I'll be paying for it come spring when I'm trying to figure out what's where.

I just did a search on black plant labels and I found exactly what I was looking for. Imagine that! The Essentials Company. Is that where you ordered from?

Honey, I'm hoping you and Bullet are doing well today and thinking of you both.

For those of you with Home Goods they have a great selection of pots at great prices now. I bought a few for some new indoor plants a couple of days ago.

Times run out and I have to get going. Later all, Eden

• Woody_Canada
    18 years ago

Eden - that where I got mine from! Labels plus a package of three silver pens for writing on them.... It only took a week from order date until I received them.

• honey_mi
    18 years ago

OK, heres an edited post from the other site, then Ill comment on stuff here.

"Hi, all. Bullet is doing better. He spent the day at the vet on fluids and his BUN is back in normal range but creatinines are still a little high. The vet got him to eat, as did I last nite and this am after trying 3 cans of food. We're awaiting the results. At least we're a couple steps forward. I was afraid of "turning off" his appetite, so didn't give him meds this am. I'm awaiting a call back from the vet.

Eden I'm glad Eve is doing better. I hope the teeth cleaning doesn't send Eve back into crisis. I know it's a judgment call, weighing pros and cons. I knew there was a reason I wasn't using the vacuum. I avoid it whenever possible!

Woody, I like your plant tags. I label my plants on a clear plastic knife with a black Sharpie and several folks commented on it on my garden tour. It fades into the background and is cheap. I read somewhere to double label -- one buried with the plant among it's roots so you always know what variety the plant is. I'm waiting to see how the indelible sharpie stands up over time.

Deanne, this is the 3rd warmest January on record here. Strange. Bad for the local international ice carving festival this weekend tho. Hey you, get crackin' on that painting! (Thot you needed a Mom's "encouragement")."

Cindy, at first we thot that Bullet wasnt eating b/c of pain from the cleaning but its been 14 days since he had it done. Were guessing it's nausea, a bellyache or kidney pain from the way he was curled up and wincing. Its sooooo hard to guess w/animals.

Wendy thanks for the hugs. We do love our babies and theyre family. BTW, the author of the "Five People" is local here. Hes a great guy. Did you read his first, "Tuesdays with Morrie?" Good read.

For the record, Id prefer to continue posting here if theyd undo the obnoxious popups and restart the auto login.

Woody, thanks for the heads-up on PT upload. I wonder if I can protect the ones already there? Misty is soooo cute.

Sue, I read and the vet concurred that renal failure symptoms usually dont show up until cats/dogs have lost 70-75% function, which is where Bullet is. Whats concerning me is that unlike dogs, cats remember. Although Bullet isnt anywhere near as sharp as Patches, I dont want him running from me and cowering in fear of treatment. I want him to have the best quality of life he can have for as long as possible. To me, Bullet is as precious as Zak was to you. Hes the first animal thats bonded w/me alone and "our" devotion is fierce. Its a toughie facing reality.

((((Sylvia))))). So sorry to hear about your friends loss. How awful for her and those who love the family.

Martie, Sues plant police would show up at my house if I bot any tropicals, no matter what size or condition wHen I get them. (Pointsettas droop the minute they cross my threshold, lol Its the family joke). The tropicals Ive tried to over-winter all succumbed to my extraordinary care. Silk does best for me! But I love success stories from you guys.

Bullet is sleeping in the chair next to me. He's probably exhausted from being kennelled at the vet yesterday. I'm sure he has to rest his vocal cords. The vet noted on his chart that he was docile but quite "vocal". I'll bet.

I need breakfast and to get my day rolling. Hi to all. TTYL. Honey

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Honey, I wonder why you're still getting pop-ups and having to log in because I haven't been for a while now. Hmmmmm.

Eden

• flowerluvr
    18 years ago

Just a quick pop-in. I haven't caught up reading, but want to send a hug to Sylvia and to Honey.
    I've been running like a chicken with my head off the last several days. My oldest sister is in the hospital, with a possible heart attack. I'm not sure after three days how they don't know if she had one or not. My DB had two, and he said they do a blood test for an enzyme that tells them for sure whether you had one or not. She is quite heavy. I had sent her a copy of the book I read about insulin resistance, and how much better I felt since I changed my eating habits. I'm pretty sure she's got the same problem that I do. Anyway, she skimmed the book, and said it didn't sound like anything she was interested in. Now this :( I would almost BET that her DH said it sounded like a crock of baloney to him, and that's why she didn't try it. Hopefully, she will get to talk to a nutritionist at the hospital, and they will get her on an eating plan that works for her.
    This coming weekend, Diane and I take off for our get-away. I've gotten 20 meals cooked and frozen for her, so this afternoon, Jim and I are going to take her new luggage and the food over to her house. Had meant to make her some individual apple pies, but haven't gotten around to that just yet. Not likely to happen this week :)
    Anyway, I probably won't be around for a little while, but will catch up reading as I can. I always enjoy seeing what everyone is up to, even if I don't have time to post.
    Take care, everyone, and I'll catch up to ya all later!
    Brenda

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

I am in the group that will stay here. Im not too worried about ivillage profiting from my mediocre pictures. I too dont have time to keep up. I have done some posting over there just for fun, but doubt that I will be as faithful.

Sylvia, sorry to hear about your friends husband.

Very few plant labels in my garden. I have tried the copper ones but wasnt happy with them.

Wendy, I read "Five People You Meet in Heaven" because someone gave it to me. Interesting idea. I dont get much reading done these days.
    Ive never read the Narnia books. When I was younger I loved Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden.

V, the sand site is cool.

Tonight I am the hostess at our Bible study. I made a raspberry trifle. It looks good, I hope it tastes as good.

Honey, my thoughts are with you and Bullet. I know this must be terribly difficult.

Brenda, sending good thoughts to your sis. I hope you and your friend have a great weekend.

Later
    Michelle

Meanie sending best wishes to Bullet:
    {{gwi:148441}}

• Jerri_OKC
    18 years ago

Drive by post...

Pet Haiku

Happiness
    I lie belly-up
    In the sun, happier than
    You ever will be.

Kisses
    Today I did sniff
    Many dog butts - I rejoice
    By kissing your face.

Mailman Fiend
    I sound the alarm!
    Mailman - come to kill us all -
    Look! Look! Look! Look! Look!

Count the Ways
    How do I love thee?
    The ways are numberless as
    My hairs on the rug.

Finally Home
    My human is home!
    I am so ecstatic I
    Have made a puddle.

Bliss
    Sleeping here, my chin
    On your foot - no greater bliss
    Well, maybe eating.

My Eyes
    Look in my eyes and
    Admit it. No human could
    Love you as I do.

Friends
    I am your best friend,
    Now. Always. Especially
    When you are eating.

Essence of the Mood
    My owners' mood is
    Romantic - I lie near their
    Feet. I pass loud gas.

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

I'm back, Bella's still sleeping so thought I'd grab a little Idyll time. I just finished transplanting some houseplants into different/bigger pots. There's nothing like that smell of soil. I was really breathing it in, lol. You Logees people got me into a houseplant tending mood. Wonder how long that will last?

Jerri, love the haikus. I'm going to save them. Especially like Kissing and Essence of the Mood. Thanks for the smiles!

Michelle, your kitty has the sweetest profile with that little upturned nose. I love trifles, if you have time share your recipe? I have a trifle recipe I make that I'll look for and share too. Hope your bible study group goes well.

V, meant to tell you how much I enjoyed the sand site too. I sent it on to some of my friends. Thanks.

Brenda, so sorry about your sister. Maybe this will be the wakeup call she needs to start taking better care of herself. I'll be thinking good thoughts for her. Diane's one lucky lady to get all those meals. Have fun on your weekend.

I haven't read the Narnia books either, though my kids did. We still have them on the book shelf, maybe I'll try them out.

Time to wake Bella and fix her some lunch...Eden

• chloehoover
    18 years ago

Jerri - those haikus are hilarious -- and sweet - I particularly like "Kisses" - hehehe.

Honey, great to hear Bullet is better for the time -- I too am finding it exhausting to keep up w/ 2 sites -- the other one is nice w/ its ease of movement but I dont think I can be a regular there -- too much else in life to do.

Michelle - I like your "get better" card from Meanie -- so much for "mediocre" photo! and I cannot imagine a raspberry trifle NOT tasting terrific - you've made me verrrrry hungry.

I am not going to join the tropical crowd for present -- I have no place at all to overwinter pots, etc. - as it is my space challenged for gardening equipment...

Thanks for that link on the black labels - they are cool - I was really bad last year about labelling things too & w/ the short-term memory getting worse, it's going to be "interesting" this spring to figure out what is where -- my own personal "mystery plant" contest - can hardly wait. I had good intentions but....

And on the category of the "little pots" subject -- I look at little pots/little plants as -- way easier -- smaller hole is needed and less effort to dig - fantastic. (I know that does not always work as they can get crowded over/shaded over, but generally it works pretty well).

Sylvia -- I am soooo sorry to hear about your friend's husband - that's hard no matter how expected or unexpected it was. I hope your week gets better.
    -Cindy

• gardenbug
    18 years ago

Hi friends,

I am sure that this site will survive just fine. I will not be here though most likely because it is such a pain to log in every time and because of the photo policy.

I am in crisis mode on several fronts and will no doubt keep up with Deanne, Babs, Cynthia, V, Sue, Honey, Eden and others as time allows on the new site.

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just a quickie...

Honey, glad to hear Bullet is feeling better. Zak never minded the treatments-he used to stand very still. It's Zoe who was bothered by it-she wouldn't come into the kitchen while we were treating Zak but would stand on the other side of the threshold and watch. Although I think she was hoping for his early demise...lol...because she never missed him, not one day and fully enjoyed the few months of being an only dog before the Nickster arrived on the scene.

Michelle, great name for a cat, Meanie...lol.

Brenda, sorry to hear about your sister. It's tough to change your habits-eating, drinking, smoking, whatever your vice happens to be. Most people wait for the wake up call, many hit snooze.

I'm also having a tough time keeping up with two sites. What will end up happening is alot of reading and not alot of posting, at least for me.

OK, time is up. Gotta run.

Sue

• gardeningmary
    18 years ago

Hi everyone

Honey - glad Bullet has a reprieve.

Brenda, do hope your sister is doing better. Very scary.

Sylvia - how sad to hear of your friend's loss.

So I guess there is a lot of chat going on at the other sites? I'll really miss those who move over, especially GB - are you sure the Web Master couldn't fix the log in problem? I enjoy the people here so much, and having met many know they are the very best. At this point in time I certainly don't feel up to sharing private details with people I don't know.

Feeling rather low......

Mary

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Cheer up, Mary. It won't be long now before we're looking at scenes like this again...

{{gwi:148442}}

Stuff has a way of working itself out. I'm at a loss to explain why some people are seeing ads and having log in problems and some are not. From what I gather that seems to be the reason for the disenchantment with this forum. Fortunately I remain totally ad and hassle free here but if that wasn't the case I'd probably be more motivated to look elsewhere too.

Anyway, I have a confession to make. Tonight I dumped a full bottle of wine down the drain. Yup, I did. Before you recoil in horror let me just say it was a bottle someone gave me as a gift and it was just horrible! Yuck! People shouldn't be allowed to make wine that bad. Anyway I found a decent bottle and the night was salvaged.

This week is flying and a week from today is February 1st.

Sue

• just_t
    18 years ago

Hi there.

I was gone all day today so no posting time for me.

Mary, thinking of you and sending warm thoughts your way. You ever need someone---please send me an email.

Sue what a beautiful photo. I'd love to have an area like that one. I realize you have the big trees for shade, but is that a partial shade area? A predominately shaded area or ?

GB, you will be in my thoughts...I hope all the stresses will be lessened or worked out soon.

DH just got home (worked over), I'd better go throw a steak on the broiler.

Honey good news that Bullet is feeling a bit perkier!

Hi Eden! Hi to Michelle and HIIIIII to all of the Idylls!!

• deanneart
    18 years ago

Hi all,

Busy here and yes, its pretty difficult to keep up with two sites. Things will probably iron themselves out with a bit of time.

Mary, Im still having to log in every time I come in here. Ive also still been getting huge animated ads that are more than irritating. I sure wish theyd fix this. I sent an email to them about the log in thing and have never heard back. So sorry you are feeling low. Must be the weather or something. Hugs to you and everyone.

Michelle, love that Meanie pic. What are those luscious white iris in the photo?

Brenda, so sorry about your sister. That must be so difficult for you to see her health issues and know she wont change her eating habits.

Honey, so glad to hear that Bullet is doing better. Sending positive thoughts your way. ~~ Thanks for the kick in the pants about getting to that painting. Pretty difficult for me to work lately. I think I need a brain transplant. LOL

Eden, sure hope that banana makes it through the winter. Im so happy to hear you are enjoying playing in the dirt! I wish you could see the fuchsias I have under the lights now. Several of them are blooming and it is so delightful to see those wonderful flowers right now.

Martie, I think I might have to meet you at Logees in March. LOL I have a couple seminars in March though, so as long as Im not out of town.

Sylvia, that always seems to be the way with the kitties. They LOVE to find the one person in the crowd who isnt overly fond of cats. LOL ~~ Well it wasnt the 24th for me but the 25th. Bad day here.

Woody that pic of Misty is priceless!

Hi Wendy, Ill email you in the AM. Please forgive me for not getting back sooner.

OK time to get some sleep,

Have a great evening all!
    Deanne

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

Deanne, the iris is a miniature. It was a pass along plant so I dont know the name.

Mary, I hope Sues picture gave you a lift. It sure did me. Arent those some healthy looking hostas?

Eden, the trifle was a success. Everyone thought it was pretty and refreshing. Actually, the recipe that I had ended up being the exact same recipe that is on the back of the Betty Crocker Angel Food cake box. Hows this for the lazy way to pass on a recipe? I finally got a scanner that works.

{{gwi:148444}}

Michelle

• cynthia_gw
    18 years ago

To see the future after your membership expires, log out of your username. Even logged in, the full screen ads are there if you use hortiplex or a search function. I don't chose to spend limited free time dealing with ads for men's underwear, 99 cent hamburgers or surveys geared to 20 year olds. Happy to pay for an ad-free, or ad-limited site. It's not the site that's important anyway, it's the gardeners and plenty have already migrated. I just have low tolerance for bombardment and distraction when I'm trying to read or think or look at photos. That's why I don't do TV. (Maybe if I did this wouldn't bother me so much.) We are not the target market here anymore, and the ads will just get worse. I'm also concerned about the lack of monitoring and responsiveness to requests to delete inappropriate posts. The goal is page views folks, not a clean site. And that's not a criticism of ivillage. They're in business to generate ad revenue, not make middle aged gardeners happy. I don't enjoy this site anymore, but I do enjoy all of you, so hope to see you around.

See ya, Cynthia

• martieinct
    18 years ago

WARNING: I'm here to stay :-) Have barely enough time to keep up with one site.

Like Sue, I haven't had any problem with ads or popups but I think it's because I don't go through the Home Page. The forum is bookmarked and logging takes less than a second. Hmmmmmmmmmm, why some but not others?

Deanne: Let me know when in March you're free and we're at Logees for sure!! We can blame Eden after she sends us her inevitable list of gottahaves :-) Did you get in touch with my friend who had surgery?

As far as sharing private stuff .... The number of lurkers here is unknown but according to hit counts on pictures, probably numbers in the 100's. Any forum with membership or not is open to the public as long as they conform to the rules. The only way to be absolutely sure that information isn't shared with people you don't know is to start an email Round Robin. I'm in one that has lasted 14 years and was started for that very reason.

Good thoughts flying out of Connecticut to everyone's friends, family and animal-family who aren't up to par.

Go need to bundle up and hit the road. The sun is just breaching the horizon!!!!

Martie

• wendy2
    18 years ago

Just a quick post to say that my paid membership expired in Dec. and I still get no ads if I am logged in. I don't have to sign in every time, but I did for a week or so around the time the screen names went to lower case letters. The ads would probably drive me away too, I stopped using weather.com because of them; but I didn't know the people there like I know this group!

It will be hard to keep up with 2 forums, but it is fun to watch the new one grow, and be part of that. I love the Idylls, you guys have made me feel like family, and I'm not going away.

No time for comment, breakfast to be made...back later!

Good thoughts to all...enjoy the day!

-Wendy

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well, my paid membership doesn't expire til next October so I guess you're all stuck with me for a while.

The garden in my picture is on the east side of my house. Sun/shade patterns vary greatly depending on the time of year due to shadows from trees and my neighbor's house. Right now it's in more or less total shade but in June the far end gets sun from sunrise til 1 or 2 PM. When we took the 80 foot Hemlock out a few years ago some of the more shade loving plants started frying in the heat of summer because the sun started coming in from 11-1. I need to do some major shuffling out there this year.

Today is supposedly our token day of January cold here for the week and it's still anemic on the cold scale-26 F this morning and a high in the mid 30s. Now winters like these I could live with on a regular basis.

Somehow I appear to have gotten into poison ivy. More likely the dogs have probably been the culprits because I know I haven't been near any but I have scattered little PI like rashes on my side, my shoulder and my face. Annoying but yet another reminder of things to come.

Speaking of things to come, I hear my boss scurrying about and it's only a matter of time before he scurries in here.

Enjoy the day!

Sue

• veronicastrum
    18 years ago

Word for the day: bifurcate - To separate into two parts or branches; fork. V. will bifurcate herself and post on both forums. I'd rather bifurcate than be forked!

For about two weeks now I have been able to stay logged in and for the last several days the ads seem to be a bit calmer. I was never a contributing member; it was one of the many things that I procrastinated about until it was no longer an option.

Speaking of procrastination, I have declared that today is "Stop Procrastinating Day". I need to tie up a few loose ends here and on the home front and today is the day to do it! If I tell myself that enough, maybe it will come true.

So in that vein, I will get on with things, but I will check in later and let you know if it worked!

V.

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Good Morning, It's cold but the sun's shining brightly this morning. Amazing what a little sunshine will do for your mood. Nothing much going on around my house today, just another day in paradise, lol. I have been perusing the catalogs, mostly looking at tropical stuff, don't need much in the perennial department as I've said before. I'm working on orders to Digging Dog and Singing Springs and will order some tropical hibiscus from somewhere. I've got to get on the Logees site and check them out too. I'm hopng to start seed sowing in earnest this weekend too.

Mary, sorry to hear you're down. Just think about that dream trip that's coming up for you and by the time you get back from that Spring will be right around the corner. I hope today's a better day for you.

Deanne, sorry to hear your day wasn't great yesterday either. Some days are just like that. Like Honey said, get to work on your assignment and you'll feel so much better when it's done. I know I hate having deadlines hanging over my head. How about some pictures of those fuschias? I'd love to see them. You're last pictures of your light garden were such a pick-me-up for me.

Michelle, your trifle recipe looks delish. It would be a great Valentines Day dessert. I posted my trifle recipe over on the recipe thread.

Hi T, so do you have an area where you can start a shade garden? They are my favorites. All those shades of green and leaf textures, sizes and shapes to work with.

Sue, thanks for the picture. Just beautiful and greatly appreciated on this January day. Oh No! on the poison ivy. I've never had it. I don't think there's alot of it to get into in the city, lol.

Hi Martie, be careful out there on the roads.

Hi Wendy, you're making breakfast on a weekday? I could use something about now. May be time to pull out the egg toaster.

Thinking of you Marie.

Honey, check in with a Bullet report when you get time. Hope he's doing good.

So Cynthia, I'll see you on the other site but will miss you here on the Idylls. It won't be the same without you...

Gotta go now. I smell coffee. Have a good day everyone.

Eden

• flowerluvr
    18 years ago

((V))...thanks for the laugh--you kill me :) Being forked isn't so bad, assuming it's done properly, lol! I'm going to have to work "bifurcate" into conversation, on accounta I like the way it sounds ;)
    Sounds like they've decided DS has an ulcerated esophagus. No idea what they do about it, she has another Dr. appt.
    Gotta run, (I only meant to read) have some shopping to do, then meeting Mom at the hospital to hang out while she has an MRI. Is it 5:00 P.M. Friday yet???
    Brenda

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

Another fabulous day here. I believe its supposed to get to 54, mostly sunny but windy. You can't ask for much more in Jan.

I just love the longer days. I now leave for work and get home in the light.

Eden, I'll have to check out your trifle. Yes this does look alot like a Valentines dessert. I also had some Valentine M & M's that were red, white and pink. So nicely coordinated;o)

I'm kind of bummed out here. It seems like the Idylls are falling apart :(

I had been noticing that I didn't have to log in at home but I did at work. At home I have the main conversation page bookmarked, but at work I had the main GW page bookmarked. I then logged in and requested it to save my password and bookmarked the main conversation page and now I don't have to log in at work either.

I hope that today looks up for those that are struggling with problems or just grayness.

Sue, bummer about the PI. I have never seen it here on the farm.

Michelle

• just_t
    18 years ago

Good morning!

I've decided to act like it is sunny until I know otherwise (it is still black outside). :o) This morning I'm in wintertime denial and I'm staying that way as long as possible! I found that during those 2 days that we saw the sun, I felt happier, I felt like I stood taller, I had more energy and I wasn't feeling as depressed as I have been. This is a good thing ;o)! Then the fog, rain and gray dreariness came back and I got shorter, sadder and more lethargic. Amazing! So this morning, before I know better, I'm going to pretend it is sunny, warm and BRIGHT. :o) I wonder how long I can keep up this little bit of craziness? lol

It has been a wonderful morning so far! I am bound and determined to be happy, darn it all anyway!

I never thought the Idylls would fracture and be spread out, but that seems to be the feeling conveyed. I'm guessing that it won't turn out to be that way......but this is just a transitional time and change is always a bit difficult. This is Idyll home and whether the Idylls keep this spot or migrate elsewhere, I do think that the friendships will keep us tied together. At least I hope that will be the case. So for those who are feeling a bit lost and lonely.......don't give up on the group! Don't Worry......Be Happy! ;o) UGH!

I'm having my own little dilemma......I have some huge news and want to share it with my Idyll friends....but it seems like so many Idyllers aren't here and the other forums aren't the Idylls.....I'm about ready to stomp my foot in frustration. LOL Obviously I'm not one who does well with change ;o).

Anyway, the sun is coming up and I guess it is time to face reality (reality is that it is raining----again).

My best to all!
    T.

• chloehoover
    18 years ago

Sunny, cold morning here too -- I decided to "give in" and took a mental/physical health day and try to fight the cold(?) germ that is fighting to win my body for a while -- so Im home and, it's amazing what a solid 8-9 hours sleep and no work does for one - Im feeling better - altho the germ hasn't succumbed. I may venture out to try that zicam Deanne is always recommending - but that would mean getting out of the jammies and venturing into the cold.

Thanks, Sue, for the great pic-me-up photo. And Eden, I tell you - hearing about the orders you're placing is making me get itchy-twitchy fingers -- I think i've already reached my "promised" limit on order amount this year -- but keep thinking of a "few" more things I'd really like to try. For the first time in several years, I have NOT placed an order w/ Bluestone Perennials (altho there were a few things I was contemplating)... decisions, decisions. I guess I'll chill out some more today, pick up the debris around the house and work on kicking this germ -- and think uninterrupted about the orders I would like to place.

I wonder what the problem for a few people is to still be getting ads/popups/sign ins? Im not having the problem either at work or office -- & at home it's an old computer altho DSL... as you say, perhaps it will all sort itself out eventually. But it does appear to be very quiet on the gardenweb itself.

Brenda - I hope that means good news for your sister re the esophagus -- Im afraid most of us need that "wake up" call -- is it human nature to deny our physical fragility I guess? But maybe this will be one for her.

T - some of the best recipes are on the backs of those boxes!! No shame involved -- yum, yum!

Well, I as usual dont have much worthwhile to input -- the brain is definitely on "off" today = frizzled out. Guess I'll work on "relaxing" those germs away!

However, I was sooo excited last nite to find that when I left work it was still day-light -- o my! Like seeing a rainbow. Spring IS coming.

-Cindy

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Cindy, tomorrow night sunset here hits 5 PM-sort of a milestone for me. At the height of darkness the sunset was 4:20 so we've gained 40 minutes in a little over a month. It is nice to get home from work and still have some daylight left even if it's only a few minutes.

So T, what's the news? You caught me out of the office.

Gotta go out and scare up some lunch. I'd better check the wallet first though because I don't remember seeing much green left in there after I paid for coffee this morning. It just may be slice of pizza here I come.

Sue

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Cindy, glad to hear you're feeling better. Amazing how a day of r&r will boost you. I miss ordering from Bluestone too but I'm trying not to this year. So many interesting things there but so little room here. Nothing boosts my spirits like placing plant orders and starting seeds at this time of year though.

A sign of spring...we have the tiny white lights on the dwarf fruit trees in the garden and they're set on a timer. Brad had to go out and adjust it, last time he did it was late November and he had the lights coming on just before 5pm. Now days it's still full daylight at that time and for quite a while after. So the days are really getting longer now.

Brenda, glad to hear it wasn't your sister's heart. You'll be an inspiration to her now with all the changes you've made.

V, stop procrastination day, huh. I think I need stop procrastination month.

I don't think I'm very bifurcatic (don't think that's a word, lol). Keeping straight what's said in two different places is too confusing for me and posting the same thing twice seems a bit redundant. I'll read the garden forums on the other site but will stick with the conversations here for now.

T has huge news!!! Hmmmmm...

Eden

• yeonasky
    18 years ago

Brenda glad your DS didn't have a heart attack! I read about GERD and found that it mimics heart attack, so no wonder they mistook it for one. I guess depending on the severity of the symptoms they step up the treatment. This info is from the site I've linked below. GERD Lifestyle Modifications and Treatment, The page says:

"Symptoms two days per week or less (mild to moderate symptoms):

Antacids, like Maalox®, Mylanta® or Gaviscon®, remain the drugs of choice for quick relief of symptoms associated with GERD. Although antacids are effective in relieving symptoms, they are not recommended as sole agents for treating GERD because of the high dosage requirements. They are commonly used in combination with over-the-counter H2-receptor blockers, like Zantac®, Pepcid®, Axid®, or Tagamet®. These agents do not act as rapidly as antacids but they provide longer relief of symptoms. Because of their slower onset of action, H2-receptor blockers can be used to prevent GERD symptoms (before that meal that you think will cause GERD).

Symptoms more than two days per week (moderate to severe symptoms):

Symptoms that continue at this frequency and intensity puts one at higher risk for complications even if medications are currently being used. This problem should be evaluated and treated by a physician. Diagnostic studies may be indicated to evaluate for esophageal erosions or other complications of GERD. Medications of higher potency are available by prescription and are often used continuously for 8-12 weeks. If symptoms are well controlled after this time, and no erosions were documented or suspected, the medications might be reduced to an "as needed" basis. A modification in treatment, and possible further evaluation, will be indicated in those who remain symptomatic after 8-12 weeks of continuous therapy.

Maintenance Therapy:

GERD has a high recurrence rate because no currently available medication is able to correct the underlying cause or causes of the disease. The need for maintenance therapy depends largely on the severity of the disease and the persistence of symptoms after the withdrawal of initial medical therapy.

Surgery:

Surgery should be considered in patients who fail medical therapy or develop complications from GERD. Surgical intervention has been shown to provide long-term relief of symptoms. The Nissen fundoplication procedure has a cure rate of up to 90 percent. This operation can now be performed laparoscopically in about 2 hours (usually followed by an overnight stay in the hospital). The purpose of the fundoplication procedures is to reduce a hiatal hernia and restore the competence of the gastroesophageal junction by constructing a valve mechanism."

I hope she makes a full recovery. It sounds as though the chances are very good if she follows the prescribed treatment. It still means changing her eating habits from what I read.

My sister has to stop eating many of the same things for her pre diabetes condition, let alone for her heart problems. Hopefully I've started to change my chances of heart problems by reintroducing exercise into my life. I just hope I can get there more often. Right now the insomnia is really causing me to be too tired to do much of anything.

I'm with Sue and Michelle. I plan to stay here and feel badly about things splintering. 250 plus threads is certainly a good record and I'm glad we've lasted this long, though. Hi everyone.

Some of this stuff is from way before, but here goes anyway

Thanks for the commiserations re my DS, Honey, Cindy Deanne, Brenda, Michelle, Grace and Sylvia. And the saga continues. We're waiting to hear from the cardiologist, and are watching Dorthe closely. We're all afraid to have her be home alone after the TIA, (mini stroke) so she's staying in Hope with our youngest DS. The drug symptoms are going strong and so the Dr will try to change drugs soon. That has to be done carefully and slowly, as going off attenalol and beta blocking friends can trigger a heart attack! Very frustrating. Hopefully the new group of drugs will do the trick. I was talking to a fitness instructor at the Y and she told me that theyve known for years that flu and exercise dont mix. Dorthe had been over the flu for a week when she went back to the Y with me, but the Dr says that she could have had enough of it still in her body to attack the heart. The instructor says it has to do with the body heat rising and feeding the flu bug. Its recommended to wait for 2 weeks after the flu before slowly increasing exercise over several weeks. What we dont know that could hurt us is astonishing. I had no idea that the flu was that dangerous! Of course its harder on youngsters, and oldsters like me. Apparently flu shots do help against flu related heart damage.

About Bietta, my DS with bipolar, thanks for asking Deanne, she is not doing very well at all. She complains that the drugs make her not feel or think much of anything. The chemical taste in her mouth makes all food taste horrid and she is losing too much weight. She has rallied for Dorthe, though, so hopefully this will turn the eating thing around. Otherwise we'll have to get the psychiatrist involved quickly. She's too skinny already, to not eat. Right now Im holding my breath, it seems, waiting for the next problem to come up. They do seem to come in threes. I hate illness, but am, like you Deanne, a testament to the fact that with the right lifestyle changes, an illness can be controlled and sometimes reversed.

Deanne I was kind of glad for you that you had a bit of time off from painting. Oh well I hope it goes smoothly. I know it will look wonderful as always. Glad you didnt get blown over with the birdhouses, BTW.

Mary congrats to your DH on the award. Nice to see his naturally positive attitude about noticing the beauty where ever he is gave him an edge. Also wonderful that youre off to Hawaii with your family. Say hi to Pele for me, when you go. :)

Sorry about Kenzie, Michelle. I hope shes better soon. I still hate seeing my kids sick, and theyre adults now.

Cynthia Im still nervous about the internet shopping, but my kids jump in with both feet without a thought. Right now theyre kind of perturbed though. They ordered Richeas gifts on line for Christmas, well in advance and the stuff never came, and then they were informed that the computer was being reconfigured so their order was wiped out. Theyve decided to give the gift to him for his birthday in July, lol, and give him movie tickets for now.

I loved seeing the pics of all of your pets, btw. Is that where we have to go to get a pic fix from now on?

I'm way behind in everything so won't post more until I've read more. I am very glad that some of are still here, and will miss very much those who won't be back.

Hi to everyone else. I hope you have a great day!

Yeona

• babs_clare
    18 years ago

{{gwi:148445}}

And that thought goes out pretty much to anyone feeling down too. It's very sunny here-just wish it were as warm as summer lol.

Busy last two days. Yesterday was teacher luncheon planning/meeting day and today was lunch/playground duty. EEEgads I watched the k-garten today;it is their teacher's bday and were they WOUND up! Every time one child needed assistance the place was in an uproar while I helped them. I know they are testing me...I REALLY appreciate that teacher more than I already did lol.

I see I need to read and play catch up here...

~Babs

• honey_mi
    18 years ago

Yeah! No popups and automatic login!

I think we may have rounded the corner with Bullet. He finally made contributions to the litter box. I made him a chicken breast last nite, and gave him some of my lunch -- rotisserie chicken. Now, the trick will be to keep him eating. The vet says to give him anything he'll eat for now.

We almost lost him to a virus in 2002. We found that once his appetite is turned off, it's really difficult to get him eating again. He's still not grooming himself well, so I know he's not up to snuff. I did get one purr this am. So I'm thrilled with that.

I'm with you guys. I'll read over at the other site from time to time, but will continue to post here. I can't keep up with 2 sites, I barely am able to keep up with this one!

So, T, what' sthe big news? Oh, you're pregnant?! With twins?! (That should bring a response, lol).

Hi to all, I've gotta get back to my chores here. Later, friends.

• just_t
    18 years ago

Hello!

I'm pregnant.........with twins!!!! LOL Honey you did make me laugh out loud with that one....thank you!

My big news is that little Jamie will be having some cousins to play with. Our youngest daughter is pregnant.........with twins!!! If all goes well, the babies will be born mid-summer. :oD She & her hubby have been dealing with fertility issues for years and these babies are very much an answer to prayer.

That's my huge news!

T.

• michelle_zone4
    18 years ago

Congratulations Grandma! Twins - twice the fun! How wonderful especially with the infertility issues that they have been dealing with.

Michelle

• gardeningmary
    18 years ago

Hello everyone

Congratulations T, Congratulations T on the most wonderful, exciting news! What a fabulous summer you will have. Are you thinking in twos already?

Thank you everyone for the photos and wishes that brightened my day more than you can imagine. With the recent losses we are still coming to terms with at home, the splintering of the Idylls and departure of some I regarded as friends has been hard. I guess I'm feeling rather vulnerable right now. However, I was cheered today by a phone call that brought tears to my eyes (of gratitude) and wise counsel.

Babs - the boys under the mulberry is adorable. I too have the most enormous respect for teachers of young children. I work well one on one, or with small groups but it takes a very special person to manage a class full of excited kindergarteners.

Yeona - nice to hear from you. Insomnia can be rottern and quite debilitating. You have a lot on your plate with family matters - I hope things take a turn for the better.

Honey - that is truely great news about Bullet. He must have heard us rooting for him! Hope you can find some other tid-bits to tempt his appetite.

Sue - your gorgeous yard is a great reminder that spring will come again. I'd forgotten just how lovely your foliage combinations are.

While V is bifurcating, I'm testing David on his 3rd Grade spellings. Don't let his teacher hear that one or she'll add it to their list. This week includes mediator and interdependent.

Mary

• Lara Noles
    18 years ago

Congratulations to Grandma T!!! I'm so happy for you all.

Honey, that was pretty good guessing. You had the news right, just the wrong generation, lol. So glad to hear Bullet's doing better. I sure hope that trend continues.

Hi Babs, sounds like you're really busy. Those little one's can be quite the handful. When David was in preschool I helped out and I always needed a nap by the time it was over. I agree that teachers deserve all the credit and pay they can get. Love the picture of the boys, what I can see of them that is, lol.

Yeona, I'm so sorry that both of your sisters are having such a hard time of it. That's got to be so rough on you too. I hope things improve with them both really soon.

So V, how much of that anti-procrastination list did you get through?

I'm spending too much time here today. Procrastinating? My big accomplishment for today was doing the dishes.

Eden

• chloehoover
    18 years ago

Eden -- you stole the words right out of my mouth - that was going to be my line!LOL... Congratulations,T -- that's very joyful news - what excitement to your households!

Michelle - sorry I confused you & the trifle w/ T - I tell you I need to write down notes - my brain doesnt hold much without mushing it all up immediately. I could blame it on the cold/flu but am afraid that wont work after a week, right? in any case, the trifle & box recipe sound yummy.

I guess the next Idyll should be the Bifurcated One.... to whip back and forth! V - I am a STAR procrastinator - it's in my genes - let me know if you managed to accomplish those 6 things today and I'll feel encouraged.

Babs - what a clever photo (& the one over on TGF/banner is neat too) & how thoughtful of you. These photos make me hopeful that things will work out just fine as Sue suggests -- As has been noted, the sun is coming up earlier and earlier and we should all be very hopeful w/ Spring around the corner. Babs, teachers and anyone who volunteers at schools are all to be heartily commended - what great tolerance and patience one needs to do that.

I didnt manage to do anything but veg -- looked at 1 clematis book and it made me sleepy so off to nap it was! Hope I don't get insomnia now -- Yeona, I do get a touch of that from time to time (but more of a waking after every 2 hours and not going back to sleep kind) -- do you surf the net when you're really suffering insomnia? That would just wake me up more.

Well, Im kind of blathering - I do hear that it's to be winter (in the 20s) tomorrow but then warming up - these crazy temps -- wish it would freeze and thaw the fat off my body - it's the only useful thing I could think of for the up/down craziness. Hmm, wonder how I could arrange for that to work?
    G'nite all.
    Cindy

• veronicastrum
    18 years ago

T! What wonderful news! I hope that all goes well for Jamie over the next few months and I will keep Jamie and the babes in my prayers. How exciting!!!

Honey, I'm glad to hear that Bullet is turning the corner.

Mary, I'm thinking of you also and hoping that some brighter days are headed your way.

Well, I got 5 of the 6 things accomplished - not too bad overall. Now if I can just string together 2 good days, I might really make a dent in things.

So I stayed at the office just a little longer than usual so that I could wrap up one project and handle one long personal email (commenting on our church landscape plans). I was just about ready to close up when my cell phone rang, and it was DD in total hysterics. I will save you the details, but suffice it to say that Mystic the Wonder Dog managed to pierce his own tongue this afternoon. I drove home at 70+ MPH, got Mystic and drove him to the vet's office. I had called DH and asked him to phone ahead to the vet's for me; they have a slightly annoying voicemail system that I didn't think I could work through while driving dangerously fast. The upshot is that the silly dog is just fine. He didn't even need stitches because they don't stitch the tongue unless it's really bad, and he didn't do any other damage. I still need to give him a good bath, but first I must finish dosing myself with mass quantities of Dove dark chocolate. I'm anticipating that I will crash hard in about 90 minutes.

So I guess it was my turn for a bad day, huh?

Hey T, are you my watcher again?

Okay, better finish decompressing so that I crash in a proper spot later on.

V.

• Sue W (CT zone 6a)
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Congratulations T! But I already told you that in person today...My friend at work, Bryan, is a twin. His brother lives in FL but comes up to visit occasionally so I've met him. Even in their late 40s, they still look freakily alike.

Mary, so glad you're feeling better today. Support from good friends never fails to lift the spirits.

So how many of you have eaten brown bread in a can? The reason I ask is it came up at work today. The IT manager and I are both from the Boston area-home of franks and beans for Saturday night supper(at least in the 60s and 70s when I was growing up). One of Rob's(IT guy) memories is having brown bread in a can. All the CT people thought we were nuts so someone ran out the grocery store at lunch and bought some. It wasn't as good as the memory but it wasn't bad either. Not everyone shared that opinion though. I think brownies in a can would have gone over better...lol.

I'm really looking forward to Deanne's party next month. Between now and then I have to come up with something creative to make that goes with the island theme. I keep thinking I have all this time but the weeks are flying and I never seem to get to everything I want to do. We'll be in Park City, UT on vacation from March 11-19. Before you know it time in the garden will be mandatory again. In a way I'm somewhat panicked about it because I've been spending between an hour and a half and two hours most nights working out since late October. I really don't want to give that up but with only so many hours in the day I'm going to have to pick and choose. Something will have to give.

The online deals continue. Tonight I scored a pair of 100% wool dress slacks from Ann Taylor loft for over 60% off. Sizes are getting harder to find but it's worth a gander if you're looking for something.

Allrighty then, time for my yogurt. Nite all!

Sue

• just_t
    18 years ago

Thanks guys! We're just amazed and excited at this point.

V, nope not me as your watcher...hmmmm...but I'll check it out so I can see what I should watch. ;o) (eBay for those of you who are wondering).

:o)
    T.

• david_5311
    18 years ago

Wow, is this the last in this 250 idylls? Just checking in and I am maybe at the end. Would it be unheard of for a man to start the next idyll thread? Well, I have a question, so maybe I will......

• david_5311
    18 years ago

will it go to 103? I never checked.............

• babs_clare
    18 years ago

yep,and it will go to 104: )

• just_t
    18 years ago

LOL and it will go to 105.....

David, you'd better start the new Idyll or this one will keep growing. ;o)

T.