Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbug_gw

This Moment - February 4, 2011

gardenbug
13 years ago

This Moment - A Friday (or weeklong) ritual. A single photo - no words (or maybe a single sentence)- capturing a moment from the week. Perhaps a simple, special, extraordinary moment. Maybe a moment you want to pause, savor and remember. Maybe something that made you smile or laugh. Maybe a craft you are enjoying working on.... If you're inspired, share your 'moment' with us.

Comments (15)

• veronicastrum
    13 years ago

{{gwi:148927}}

Tonight's Sunset

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

{{gwi:148928}}

Daddy makes dinner while Sarah collects Skyler at Tai Kwon Do.

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

WTH, so did Indy take the photo ?

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No Kathy, Sarah was taking photos all day (for a Day-in-Leo's-Life posting on another forum) and snapped this when she got home. She felt like she'd done nothing all day when she saw him in action at the stove. She had done tons (banking, kitchen cleanup, a thousand diaper changes, chauffeuring, etc) but he had had a tiring day too speaking to a feisty First Nations group. He's good at it, but it can be stressful.

• chelone
    13 years ago

I still can't get rid of the ads down the right side of the pag. And I still can't get Windows to configure the wireless connection that would allow meto put this machine in the Salon. BIL is of no use, says only, "you should buy a Mac". (Swell, you gonna give me the money?)

Instead, I've tried to mollify my discouraged self this way:
    {{gwi:148929}}

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Who but you would have predicted that the fabric would work in the salon in so many ways! The geometric pattern works with the floor, the white works with the room's whitish trim...and the result looks so inviting! How I could use your talent here....

• michelle_zone4
    13 years ago

Chelone, the chair is amazing! I know that upholstering with a pattern isn't easy at all. Everything is perfect lined up - great job!

• chelone
    13 years ago

Thanks. If you look closely at the left side of the skirt you will see the dip in the print. I corrected it after I took the picture. The slipcover closes at centre back with self covered buttons. And I actually used the "wrong" side of the fabric for this project as I liked the jaunty feel of the contrasting checks. I have enough fabric left to cover a small ottoman and make the arm protectors. Soon.

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    13 years ago

Fabulous work Chelone - both the chair and the curtains on the other thread! Re 'get a Mac' - interestingly, the software for the course I'm taking won't run on a Mac. Many of the other students are 'in the business' already, and they complain about not being able to use their Macs....:-)

We got about 4" of light snow overnight but it's melting fast on the roads etc. It still feels like we're on the road to spring now! But it's black and white and shades of gray this morning:
    {{gwi:148930}}

• jak1
    13 years ago

Oh Chelone, I agree with Woody - both photos fill me with admiration for your work. I wish I could e-mail you a few pieces of furniture! For a fee of course !!

Take a close look at Ivy's hair in Bug's photo - so adorable, and it just cracked me up!

Cheers,

Julie.

BTW anybody heard anything about an Idyllunion this year?

• michelle_zone4
    13 years ago

These blooms are even more beautiful in February.

{{gwi:148931}}

• chelone
    13 years ago

Ain't that the truth! :)

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Poor starving Ivy... Julie, she got pigtails put in her hair at the day home!

{{gwi:148932}}

Here is a link that might be useful: more pigtails on Feb 3

• chelone
    13 years ago

Hmm, she doesn't seem to have much trouble finding that hole under her nose now, does she?

:) yum-yum, eat 'em up!

• dodgerdudette
    13 years ago

Well, that chair is real beaut Chelone !