Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This Moment - February 4, 2011

Posted by gardenbug Canada zone 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 4, 11 at 7:45

This Moment - A Friday (or weeklong) ritual. A single photo - no words (or maybe a single sentence)- capturing a moment from the week. Perhaps a simple, special, extraordinary moment. Maybe a moment you want to pause, savor and remember. Maybe something that made you smile or laugh. Maybe a craft you are enjoying working on.... If you're inspired, share your 'moment' with us.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This Moment - February 4, 2011

February Sunset

Tonight's Sunset

o
Superdad

Daddy makes dinner while Sarah collects Skyler at Tai Kwon Do.

o

WTH, so did Indy take the photo ?

o

No Kathy, Sarah was taking photos all day (for a Day-in-Leo's-Life posting on another forum) and snapped this when she got home. She felt like she'd done nothing all day when she saw him in action at the stove. She had done tons (banking, kitchen cleanup, a thousand diaper changes, chauffeuring, etc) but he had had a tiring day too speaking to a feisty First Nations group. He's good at it, but it can be stressful.

o

I still can't get rid of the ads down the right side of the pag. And I still can't get Windows to configure the wireless connection that would allow meto put this machine in the Salon. BIL is of no use, says only, "you should buy a Mac". (Swell, you gonna give me the money?)

Instead, I've tried to mollify my discouraged self this way:
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

o

Who but you would have predicted that the fabric would work in the salon in so many ways! The geometric pattern works with the floor, the white works with the room's whitish trim...and the result looks so inviting! How I could use your talent here....

o

Chelone, the chair is amazing! I know that upholstering with a pattern isn't easy at all. Everything is perfect lined up - great job!

o

Thanks. If you look closely at the left side of the skirt you will see the dip in the print. I corrected it after I took the picture. The slipcover closes at centre back with self covered buttons. And I actually used the "wrong" side of the fabric for this project as I liked the jaunty feel of the contrasting checks. I have enough fabric left to cover a small ottoman and make the arm protectors. Soon.

o

Fabulous work Chelone - both the chair and the curtains on the other thread! Re 'get a Mac' - interestingly, the software for the course I'm taking won't run on a Mac. Many of the other students are 'in the business' already, and they complain about not being able to use their Macs....:-)

We got about 4" of light snow overnight but it's melting fast on the roads etc. It still feels like we're on the road to spring now! But it's black and white and shades of gray this morning:
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

o

• Posted by jak1 4 Ontario Can (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 6, 11 at 15:25

Oh Chelone, I agree with Woody - both photos fill me with admiration for your work. I wish I could e-mail you a few pieces of furniture! For a fee of course !!

Take a close look at Ivy's hair in Bug's photo - so adorable, and it just cracked me up!

Cheers,

Julie.

BTW anybody heard anything about an Idyllunion this year?

o

These blooms are even more beautiful in February.

o

Ain't that the truth! :)

o

Poor starving Ivy... Julie, she got pigtails put in her hair at the day home!

Here is a link that might be useful: more pigtails on Feb 3

o

Hmm, she doesn't seem to have much trouble finding that hole under her nose now, does she?

:) yum-yum, eat 'em up!

o

Well, that chair is real beaut Chelone !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here