Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerluvr

I'll try and go easy on ya ;) GRANDBABY!!!

flowerluvr
14 years ago

My little girl :) Bless her heart, she didn't think she was miserable enough Friday to be in "real" labor, and arrived at the hospital at 11 p.m., already at 8cm. She said she only went because she was hoping they could do something to ease up the back labor. FAR tougher than she looks.

{{gwi:150087}}

Hubby Miciah and I were there the whole time. After the most amazing, ulcer-inducing night I've ever been through...Wow!

{{gwi:150088}}

Daddy's in love

{{gwi:150090}}

So is Uncle Phil

{{gwi:150091}}

and Grandpa Jim

{{gwi:150092}}

Grandma thinks it's pretty okay, too.

{{gwi:150093}}

Sprung from prison, Mini-Mom couldn't be more pleased

{{gwi:150094}}

I think she's gonna keep an eye on me ;)

{{gwi:150095}}

I expect to be goofy for quite some time, lol!

{{gwi:150097}}

It's my grandson. YAY!

{{gwi:150098}}

There, that wasn't so bad, now was it?

Comments (18)

• triple_creek
    14 years ago

It's all so amazing isn't it Brenda. And it's going to be so much fun.
    He is a cutie. Enjoy him.

Norma

• gardenbug
    14 years ago

Each portrait you've shown is very very special! I think I like uncle Phil's best! Babies put the rest of life in perspective.
    Guess it will be a while before he goes jumping with ya!
    Great big hugs to you and Grampa!

• saucydog
    14 years ago

Aww...these are the best.

Thanks for sharing the special event - he couldn't be more perfect :) but all babies are, aren't they?

Saucy

• Lara Noles
    14 years ago

Beautiful family, beautiful mama and most of all...beautiful baby Jude!

• michelle_zone4
    14 years ago

What a wonderful bunch of pictures. Everyone looks so happy. Jude is beautiful - I especially like the 2nd shot. He looks so "new" Enjoy him.

Michelle (who will never get tired of Grandma's pictures)

• drema_dianne
    14 years ago

What a little doll baby! It is so easy to forget how small they are. I am so glad everything went well for your daughter, and Jude was well worth the wait! Congratulations!!!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    14 years ago

Congratulations!!!! What a cutie he is and I love his name. Thanks for the pictures-they sure show a very well-loved little boy!

• candy_j
    14 years ago

You can see the whole miracle of birth in everyone's face! Great pictures, Brenda, thank you for sharing them. Congratulations as the next generation begins for your family!

• veronicastrum
    14 years ago

Have I said yet that he's beautiful? And the rest of the family is as well!

Thanks for sharing! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy - but of course, we can tell you already are!

V.

• Marian_2
    14 years ago

That sure beats jumping from airplanes, doesn't it ! :-)

A handsome baby boy, that has joined a handsome family. Congrats to all.

• chelone
    14 years ago

All as is as it ought to be. (now knock it off, willya?!). ;)

When will you be rated to make a tandem jump with Jude strapped to you?

• chloehoover
    14 years ago

Brenda -- great story teller (as always) and wonderful shots -- such a joyouos occasion. Thanks so much for sharing them with us -- I know they are the first of many many joyful occasions for you and your family.

(Geez, Chelone, dont give her ideas - Mini-Mom might cut her off!).

--Cindy

• flowerluvr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone! It's interesting that a random group of women chatting about gardening just happen to have the most beautiful and brilliant children and grandchildren in the world ;) We're pretty lucky, I'd say!
    I especially love to see Jim and Phil holding him. They both act like tough guys, then melt as soon as they touch him.
    It'll be 18 years and a couple of months before he can do his first tandem. Now, Cindy! Don't blame Chelone-the thought has already crossed my mind. Time will tell, I commit to nothing :D
    Gosh, Marian, I can't even compare the two. Skydiving is a full-on lose your mind thrill that lasts a few minutes. Jude's arrival is an awe-filled wonder that hasn't worn off yet, and I don't imagine it will. No choice at all if I had to pick one, but I'm glad I don't have to ;)
    I've been kind of hanging back this week. Daddy has a week off work, so it's nice for the little family to have some quiet time together, and for Miciah's family to be able to come visit while he's home to show off his son. Next week will probably be a different story.
    Chelone, I'll be sure and document in pictures the growth of his hair and fingernails, lint-balls between his toes...all the important milestones, lol!

• jak1
    14 years ago

A GRAND baby indeed. What a beautiful sequence of photos. Congrats to all!

Cheers,

Julie

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    14 years ago

Definitely a lot of keeper photos in that group! Jude looks like a keeper too :-)

• flowerluvr
    Original Author
    14 years ago

((((WOODY!!))) SO good to see you, and I believe we will keep him ;)

• anitamo
    14 years ago

Another beautiful baby to behold~ Congratulations to all of you. I can see the awe in everyone's expressions. Welcome Jude, you are in very good hands indeed.

• gardeningmary
    14 years ago

How precious! You have a beautiful family. A big welcome to little Jude.

Mary

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz