Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
david_5311

Garden pics and lecture at Goldner Walsh (MI gardeners especially

david_5311
17 years ago

Hi folks. I know some of you have seen it, but I put a thread in the general perennials forum of photos of my new garden. I recently added a lot of pics from fall, so for those of you at IU3 or who only saw the thread at the beginning there are quite a few more pics to look at. The link is below (see next post since you can't link directly here)

Also, for those within a drive of NW Detroit, Fergus Garrett, the head gardener at Great Dixter, is coming to Goldner Walsh in Pontiac on March 16 to give a lecture on "Construction of the Mixed Border". I hope this should be a great talk by a world class gardener, and I bought a ticket today (Jim will be out of town so can't go). Dotti, Laura, (who am I forgetting)?, are you out there? Wanna go? Maybe we could have a short dinner before. I don't reliably get out of work till 5 but hopefully I could earlier.

By the way, I also did go to the Horticulture Symposium in Troy on "Innovative Planting". What a disappointment!!! The lectures were mediocre to bad. I can't say I really learned much of anything. Sure, I am fairly experienced, but I have always taken some "pearls" away from the likes of Lauren Springer, Rob Proctor, Dan Hinkley, etc. And at least in the past the slides were good, and the lectures provided some diversions from the Michigan winter. One of the speakers was British, and gave a rambling disorganized lecture about shade planting, with most of the subject plants not hardy or available in Michigan at all. I looked for my fellow Michiganders there, but I can tell you that you didn't miss a thing this year.

If anybody wants to go the Goldner Walsh lecture, let me know. David

Comments (5)