Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden pics and lecture at Goldner Walsh (MI gardeners especially

Posted by david_5311 Z 5b/6a SE Mich (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 12, 07 at 12:16

Hi folks. I know some of you have seen it, but I put a thread in the general perennials forum of photos of my new garden. I recently added a lot of pics from fall, so for those of you at IU3 or who only saw the thread at the beginning there are quite a few more pics to look at. The link is below (see next post since you can't link directly here)

Also, for those within a drive of NW Detroit, Fergus Garrett, the head gardener at Great Dixter, is coming to Goldner Walsh in Pontiac on March 16 to give a lecture on "Construction of the Mixed Border". I hope this should be a great talk by a world class gardener, and I bought a ticket today (Jim will be out of town so can't go). Dotti, Laura, (who am I forgetting)?, are you out there? Wanna go? Maybe we could have a short dinner before. I don't reliably get out of work till 5 but hopefully I could earlier.

By the way, I also did go to the Horticulture Symposium in Troy on "Innovative Planting". What a disappointment!!! The lectures were mediocre to bad. I can't say I really learned much of anything. Sure, I am fairly experienced, but I have always taken some "pearls" away from the likes of Lauren Springer, Rob Proctor, Dan Hinkley, etc. And at least in the past the slides were good, and the lectures provided some diversions from the Michigan winter. One of the speakers was British, and gave a rambling disorganized lecture about shade planting, with most of the subject plants not hardy or available in Michigan at all. I looked for my fellow Michiganders there, but I can tell you that you didn't miss a thing this year.

If anybody wants to go the Goldner Walsh lecture, let me know. David

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden pics and lecture at Goldner Walsh (MI gardeners especi

Here's the picture link, which includes the new fall pictures at the end. There are also a few pictures on another thread too.

Here is a link that might be useful: David's fall garden pics

o

Thank you for posting here. I would have missed this.

o

David, thanks for the info on the symposium last weekend. I'm glad I didn't miss much. I'd like to go to the GW lecture. They've been really good so far. Dinner sounds great. I'll email you.

Wow, Wow, Wow and Wow. Your garden looks like it's been there for years. I love the hardscaping. It's all so different than your previous garden/site. And the pergola is to die for. You've done a spectacular job enhancing that already gorgeous site. Thanks for sharing it with us. What a treat!

o

With humble adoration, how'd you do all that so quickly????

Spectacular!

Martie

o

David, thank you so much for posting your beautiful pics! Awe inspiring project you have accomplished. Everything looks lovely. You will motivate me not to give up on tackling the weedy mess I have in my yard where it juts up against the neighbors. I have tried to make it into a shade garden, but sometimes it seems like more than I can do, I have 350 yards on each side that is full of garlic mustard. While getting it out again this year, I will keep your garden in my head, and picture a woodsy wonderland.

Drema

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here